• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

CEN TR4

mishking

Hi,

New to Nitro Cars but have been around racing 2 stoke engines for years, mini moto's etc....

I have brought a CEN TR4 from ebay as a non runner with the intention of getting it back up and running if the engine has any decent form of compression, comes with loads of spares to.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...:EOIBSA:GB:1123

Are these cars any good?

If the engine is worn out does any one know of a suitable replacement that will fit?

Regards,

Greg

I have one of these, it's got a .16 in it and its still brand new, mine has a 2 speed box, is yours the same?

As I've been told Thunder Tiger and Tamiya spares are a close match to this.

Hope that helps you.

Its a very quick car

Edited by Sandy Ravage

Hi an Welcome to forum :P You've got the eye the a bargain :good: Tr4 wasn't a bad car just retail tag new was laughable, As car been stored away best thing to do is strip an clean then lube bearings, rotate engine by hand via flywheel to see if has resistance or smooth (feeling if engine bearings are gummed up from old fuel)

Only thing against could be getting spares?

from pics it looks like the thottle linkage is missing, replace the K&N airfilter for a foam one( better for engine)

as for engine most 12/15/18 pullstart with slide carb will fit (Thunder tiger,Rb,sts,picco,Os,Novarossi,Sirio)

you need to get yourself a fail safe device which applys brakes if low battery or signal lose great investment!!

off topic:

which minmotos got/had? have 2 myself b1rep an z1/zpf rep :good:

Ive had loads of mini motos over the years but at the moment i have got a b1r with a 50cc big bore kit, 19mm carby and a 3 shoe clutch and performance exhaust. Put's out nearly 11bhp at the wheel!!!. And ive also got a standard Blata elite replica.

Thanks for the advice R46.

Regards,

Greg

no worries

sweet! my b1 running black widow triple stage reeds,14mm dellorto carb,banshee/alloy rad,ngk race plug,zocchi rep pipe,polini 1/4 turn thottle,powder coated frame,bzm 2 shoe clutch,pmt junior r tyres as raced in proddy class had to remain 39cc

the z1 i ditch its 50cc bzm rep motor for genuine polini s2 proddy lump 14/14 carb bzm pipe,polini 1/4 turn thottle,pmt tyres (just need to finish water pump set up)

My blata elite rep is a savage bike, it so light and very difficult not to lift the front end coming out the corner at full throttle. All good fun. It's a shame about the typical cag quality.

Im on the lookout for polini 6.1 lc engine to start my new project but i keep missing them when they go up for sale.

Back on topic.

Not knowing much about nitro would it be better to run a 16% nitro mix or should i go higher? Im going to start with the base carb settings that CEN recommend for the NT-16 engine and then start to tweak from there.

Once ive got it all up and running il post up some pics and vids.

Cheers,

Greg

have you visited your local hobby shop to see what brand fuels they stock?

i go for byron gen2 20% and get 2 medium rated glow plugs good.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Have been playing with car today after buying a starter kit and some 20% fuel.

I can start car easy with the roto start but the car just revs all the way up and the wheels spin flat out.

Anyone have any suggestions to what might be wrong?

Regards,

Greg

• 11 years later...