• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

rc motorbike

driftking

One with 2 more wheels! XD

It depends what you want it for. I know someone at my LHS who runs Thunder Tiger (I think its them who makes it but I could be wrong) Ducati. Pretty nice. Looks good and it gets round the car park at a fair rate. Dono what they are like for spares but when I enquired about it he said it was easy to work on and was really strong.

I know its not very helpful but I figured I might as well post it.

Edited by louder

because he/s simon and he likes to think he/s the man lol the venom bikes arnt bad and you can get the spares very easy and theres plenty of hop up parts that can be fitted to make it handle that bit better check out formby models http://www.formbymodelshop.com/rc-bikes-and-sidecars-1-c.asp

Had an electric one many years ago, ( Tamiya I think) but I never really got the hang of it. Starting off was a nightmare, and it wasn't very bump tolerant in terms of steering either. Got tired of it when it proved too difficult to have much fun with and needed a lot of open space to get used to it. I kind of wish I had stuck at it a bit, but the novelty wore off and I have never really gone back to them. A nitro engined one would be of more interest I think :)

Starting them off requires someone else, it seems pretty easy when both parties get the hang of it. Steering is different to RC cars too, I think you have to flick it into the corner with the stick, then center it as you come through the apex, then flick the bike back up again as you pass it. The stick is used just to initiate the turn AFAIK. This is just from my observations BTW, I've never driven one.

i have 3 bikes

venom gpv1 micro leccy, stock is brushed but mine is brushless an lipo

Thunder tiger 999r nitro done a few mods to get it to handle good just needs bigger engine it found 12 under powered the TT18pro engine is ideal.

nouva foar sf506 awesome bike twice as much as TT but far better an handling out of box :good: the build quality superb.

You can start bike off from on its side takes a bit of practise tho ^_^

Edited by R46