• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Custom 9s HayMonster XXL Savage FLUX Build

Josh1A1H

This Build is completed for now. The entire fresh buildup can be found here http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=91444

FULL ENTIRE SAVAGE REBUILD AND PROJECT PLANS ON PAGE 32 :good:

Hi, im new to the forum, thought i would show my build as it has only recently been finished and has been run a few times....

This is how it first arrived... i got it second hand with a few lipos and a fibreglass body, and some dirtbonz on proline dish rims but yester i managed to puncture them, so im looking for some more tires...

howitcame.jpg

The ? is actually meant to be a pound (

Edited by Josh1A1H

revo rocks, i have indeed spent a lot on it... but it has been worth it!

I have a friend on HPISF and SC who has hit 80mph alreadY!!! but he has heat issues... I think on 9s i will be running 80mph all day long without heat.

Def arrange a meet for the 30th!!!

Wow.. Nice project and great truck you've got yourself there!

I'm piecing something together which is along those lines, but the costs (like you've set out) are huge, so gradually building up something based on the XL sized FLM chassis. Never come across GCM before but those components look proper hardcore, guessing they're taking all that you can throw at them?

How's the HPI alloy suspension conversion kit doing btw? Looks good on paper, but I've been really put off it by what quite a few people have had to say about the quality of their alloy bits. Your thoughts on them would be really appreciated. :)

Good luck with 9 cells and I'll make sure I keep an eye on the thread for vids!

Cheers, Lawrence.

no it cant... the new ESC from castle can handle 50v and 160amps though... And as my neu 1520 motor is currently spinning at 33000rpm i can push up to 10s if i wanted to but at 9s i will be running within the limits of 60,000rpm at 53000rpm so 10s is possible but i dont want to blow anything. 9s should be plenty. But ill do that in a month or so... Only just got the truck together!

@grumpgramps... Thanks a lot! It is a little expensive, but the performance is amazing! The HPI Suspension conversion kit is probably one of the best mods that can be carried out on a savage. Their quality of alloy parts is one of the best! i dont know where you are hearing this from, but you should be staying away from companies such as integy. The one and only decent product they have release for the savage though are the rear turnbuckle delete hub carriers.

The suspension conversion kit is worth every penny as it gives us Monster truck owners the chance to compete with truggys on teh track as your turning radius is much improved!

I can not recommend it enough... Anyone on the US Sites can not rate them enough! and considering we can get them from hpi europe for

Good to see you over here Josh :good:

Truck is awesome mate.

Grumpygramps the racing suspension conversion is worth every penny mate, as are the big bore shocks and sway bar kit, totally transforms the handling altogether ;)

Thanks londoner! Yea thought i would join considering i live here!

Managed to take the truck out today and it was not a good day!!!

Firstly i blew up another tire!!! Seriously i think these dirt claws tires are weak!!! Ive blown two tires out of 3 times of running the truck! The other time i blew my dirt bonz!!! Remember these tires are strapped aswel!!! LOOK AT HOW THEY BALLOON!!!

Also, i havent checked yet but i think i blew my rear dif as well!!! Im ****** off as i need to source all these products again!

I dont think strapping tires does enough! I may look into the fishing line mod to prevent them from ballooning!!!

At 35 seconds you can hear the tire pop! and at the end before stopping the vid was when i blew my rear diff!!! Do you think i could get HPI to send me a new one as these arent meant to explode so easily!???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Zzdq5DCXk

I used strapping tape which is reinforced! And they still balloon!!! Maybe it didnt stick properly??? all i know is that it didnt work and i think the fishing line method is going to have to be used!

just pulled the diff apart and the BP Diffs are fine!!! THANK **** For that!!!! dont need to buy another one.... But the spider gears are slightly chipped... doesnt matter, got plenty of those!!!

Edited by Josh1A1H