• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

King Motor Radio

The Trooper

Hi all, basically my spekky is knackered and is heading back to horizon to get fixed, but in the mean time i still wanna run my Baja and as running without a radio would be plain stupid i have this predicment....

Do i use the King Motor 2.4ghz that came with dads KM Baja or do i just wait for the countless weeks, months maybe even years! :o for my spekky to get back? i am not running with a kill switch....

Has anyone used/using/know of someone who has used this radio who can tell me wether or not i can trust it in my new baja?

Thanks Lads (and ladies)

Hi all, basically my spekky is knackered and is heading back to horizon to get fixed, but in the mean time i still wanna run my Baja and as running without a radio would be plain stupid i have this predicment....

Do i use the King Motor 2.4ghz that came with dads KM Baja or do i just wait for the countless weeks, months maybe even years! ohmy.gif for my spekky to get back? i am not running with a kill switch....

Has anyone used/using/know of someone who has used this radio who can tell me wether or not i can trust it in my new baja?

Thanks Lads (and ladies)

mine works great for me mate had it out today worked perfect i dont know what the range on it is but i cleared two footy pitches without a problem

Does This Radio gear look familiar, Or if that one doesn't, How about This one. The Schumacher one is the same as the one in my KM and the LRP one is in my KM Radio manual as one of 3 units you may get.

generally that's the case, but look at Acoms - the trouble people have had with them. and i dont wanna risk my badger

Does Schumacher and LRP using the same generic radio gear as KM now make it acceptable, I mean Schumacher have put it in a car that does (So they say) 80+ mph, Sometimes we in this hobby can be such snobs, And assume anything other than the known few must be crap.

But just to say, I have had no trouble what so ever with mine, And with Schumacher and LRP using them I may be able to get more RX's, What with it having a 15 model memory, Which is more than a lot of the so called premium brands.

I use the 2.4 set that came with my KM and it is damned fine. Very tunable and you can even set the way it throttles or brakes. I sold my Spektrum after using the KM set a few times. The KM KSRC2.0 comes with a failsafe anyway so if the worst comes to the worst you can just switch the xmitter off and it will stop.

hi all just joined cant sleep 2 in the morning can sum one tell me if the fastrax hpi 5b roll cage will fit my km 2.oo I HAVE TRIED TO POST SUM PICS BUT COMPUTER IS TELLING ME MY FILES R TO LARGE WHAT PIXEL CAMRA DO I NEED

Edited by fatboy 42

hi all just joined cant sleep 2 in the morning can sum one tell me if the fastrax hpi 5b roll cage will fit my km 2.oo I HAVE TRIED TO POST SUM PICS BUT COMPUTER IS TELLING ME MY FILES R TO LARGE WHAT PIXEL CAMRA DO I NEED

Yes pretty much anything for the HPI baja will fit the clone baja's except the diffs which have different sized bearings (or at least on mine it is)

To post pics see:-

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=42107

Yes pretty much anything for the HPI baja will fit the clone baja's except the diffs which have different sized bearings (or at least on mine it is)

To post pics see:-

http://www.msuk-foru...showtopic=42107

thanks perruzo for the help with the downloading of the pics i will give it a try not to Brit with computers .i will be ordering my my roll cage to tomorrow

Like people say the KM 2.4 radio should be fine. If you've sent your spektrum to horizon you wont be waiting months, it'll probs be back to you within 5 days. They are the quickest for warranty turn around imo :good:

Well, thats what i call service.... got my radio back today, but unable to check/test it to see if its any better until atleast tomorrow because im at work til 2200 tongith :(

when i get home i will let you guys know what was wrong with it :)

TOP SERVICE FROM HORIZON!

Needless to say im chuffed, can now get that clone radio out and get the spekky back in! Epic win! lol