• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Monkey's HPI Baja 5B

bodgemonkey

So this is where the system was leaking in air like a pregnant lady leaks after drinking 10 pints of water

DSCN1124_zps602d8872.jpg

Problem is that the brass bit does not have any orings in it, and there was a fair bit of play between it and the shaft. So some PTFE tape was wrapped around and an o-ring placed over it inside as it was leaking mostly at full extension, so the o-ring does at least provide a seal at that point.

Bled the brakes, fitted the linkage up. Trimmed the rollcage and shell to suit and jobs a good un, First proper run since fitting the I-RC chassis on and i managed to leave rubber from my front tyres embedded into the local tennis court :lol:

Hehe, now she stops as well as she goes mate, need to have some fun at trent park with it :)

Will be at an NLB bash soon i promise, it's just finding the time!

• 5 months later...

Yeah Will it's all good, servo isn't powerful enough to lock the wheel up on tarmac.

Just looking to get a custom rear upper plate done so i can have hydraulic layshaft brakes too. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...