• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Engine Sealing Question

nheather

I have been following this excellent guide

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70981

I have done my backplate and the blanking screw for the booster bottle.

Just the carb left to do, but I have a question first.

In the photographs, it shows the part of the carb that slides into the engine without an O-Ring.

Mine has an O-Ring.

So is this deliberate - you will acheive a better seal with the gasket than with the O-Ring.

Should I remove the O-Ring and use sealent or should I keep the O-Ring aswell as the sealent?

Cheers,

Nigel

i always leave the o-rigs on mate it adds to the seal ,ive had no probs doing so either good.gif , ive also sealed the head too , but that usually isn't essential to do i think its just me thinking it needs to be done in my own mind lol

i always leave the o-rigs on mate it adds to the seal ,ive had no probs doing so either good.gif , ive also sealed the head too , but that usually isn't essential to do i think its just me thinking it needs to be done in my own mind lol

I don't know if it will make too much difference but the sealant could alter the spacing of the head (like putting in a shim) so be cautious if you seal the head