• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

rustler vxl on spektrum gear

eamo1978

recently swapped my rustler vxl to spektrum gear from the standard traxxas rx tx and now it doesnt seem quite as fast but weirdly doesnt seem to brake as much it takes a few metres to slow down as before it braked straight away, ive turned the brake endpoint way up. anyone know why before i fit the standard gear back again? i know electric is harder to visibly see the adjustments than nitro with the lack of throttle brake servo etc.

Edited by eamo1978

Assuming you reset the spektrum Tx beofre binding to clear any odd settings, then set the end points on the ESC after binding, then I'm not sure.

I run Spektrum radio gear on mine with no issues.

good.gif

reset it how? i dont want to totally reset it cos its bound to 3 other recievers also.

as mentioned above, Re-calibrate the VXL ESC.

It will tell you how to in your manual.

(its possible that the spekky's maxium throttle and brake endpoints are slightly different to that of the stock radio gear, re-setting the ESC will allow you to recalibrate its top/bottom values.)