• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SmugR`s Monster Crazy

SmugR

Just a quick revo update, have sorted out some bash shoes for it, may share these with the lst`s too as have 17mm hexes for those too. Both sets have been taped inside to reduce balooning if they unload.

1st set pl 0 offset truggy rims with hpi terra pinz

DSCF2904.jpg

DSCF2903.jpg

2nd set, losi claws on 1/2 offset pl truggy rims, stand as tall as lst2 atx 420`s, think they`ll be a good allround basher.

DSCF2908.jpg

DSCF2907.jpg

XXXL is as it was, have got some work to do on a couple of trucks which are possibly leaving the flockph34r.gifwhistling.gifrolleyes.gif

A quick monster fleet update, after a trip to a local ish skate park the bl lst is out of action until I can get hold of one of these

http://tdracingrc.com/lstmotormountinfo.htm

The home made mount made by the prev owner has stood up fine until I decided to use a 1/4 pipe to jump an 10ft odd metal fence onto tarmac ............... Bent big time on landing

Also managed to bust 2 upper and 2 lower lst2 arms in 2 tanks!!! Thats good going as they are tough, may have to get another set of rpm`s on the wayrolleyes.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so been away from this thread for a bit and the build pics may have missed a couple of steps, but here we go....

New gpm bell cranks, new link and bearings

DSCF2961.jpg

On a few steps, dynamite 23mm hex conversion, servos mounted, linkages mounted.........

DSCF2963.jpg

Spekky fitted, and set, fuel tank and fresh lines, dyn big daddy fuel filter mounted on rear tower

DSCF2972.jpg

Looking ready to rock 55 series rims are monsters!!

DSCF2981.jpg

DSCF2976.jpg

Pants pic, but xxxl next to stocker

DSCF2979.jpg

A few final adjustments andshe`ll be good to go. Hoping to get a tank or 2 through her today.

That's an awesome collection of MT's, would love an LST2 but that means I would have to get rid of my revo and that ain't happening.

Keep us updated on the XXXL, looks like it's gonna be a real monster.

EDIT, the XXXL looks great, nice job.

Edited by carlcurtis83

That's an awesome collection of MT's, would love an LST2 but that means I would have to get rid of my revo and that ain't happening.

Keep us updated on the XXXL, looks like it's gonna be a real monster.

EDIT, the XXXL looks great, nice job.

Cheers Cal, lst`s and revo`s are brilliant and are best owned side by side!!

Just get an lst2 as well!!

Dude that XXXL looks awesome! :good:

Do you think it would be to heavy to be run as a leccy BL conversion? :confused:

Can't help myself, haven't finished my current project and thinking of the next! :whistling:

Edited by JayJ

Dude that XXXL looks awesome! good.gif

Do you think it would be to heavy to be run as a leccy BL conversion? confused.gif

Can't help myself, haven't finished my current project and thinking of the next! whistling.gif

No I think it`d be awesome on bl power, the 55`s are actually slightly lighter than the stock atx`s so bar the slightly longer wheelbase its not truly much different to a stock lst2, plus the gearing changes in the xxl tranny will help move it.

Sounds good to me, thinking Tekin RX8 like my E-Revo!

May PM you with some question closer to the time, if that's OK?

Yeah no probs, there has been a few bl bits floating about in the classifieds lately, had considered picking up something, but gonna stick with the nitro on this one for now.

Still got to get the dude motor mount for the bl lst2 after destroying the home made one.

• 4 weeks later...

Well been a bit quiet on this thread for a bit, s a small update is in order.....

Got some nice bits on the way from `the dude`...... so the bl lst should be 100% before long

Have added `the dude` single speed hub to it already

DSCF3009.jpg

Got some extended 23mm hubs

DSCF3002.jpg

But they holes for the drive pins were just slightly too small

DSCF3003.jpg

All sorted

DSCF3005.jpg

Fitted

DSCF3007.jpg

Just happened to accidentally bid on another set of 55 series rims coutesy of jeenies rc, and got through customs clean too!!!

DSCF3010.jpg

Side view with front and rear fitted, they stick way out

DSCF3011.jpg

All done

DSCF3012.jpg

DSCF3018.jpg

Have had the bl e revo out for its maiden run, and all who said I`d love it were totally right, its immense.

Took the ramp out this eve with both bl trucks to a lit car park, the lst is now so wide it only just fits on the ramp (same one as linked in Jays thread).

Wound up putting the ramp near the front of my old laguna estate, started by jumping the revo onto the bonnet, then driving over the top and dropping off the back, ended up clearing it totally, have a really pants film clip on my phone, need to get a 2nd to film it properly next time.

OMG Dude, that Leccy LST looks the Dog'S Danglies!! I LOVE IT & I WANT ONE REAL SOON!!

Its a lot of fun, very different to the bl revo, equally awesome!!

I would love to see some video of the BL LST2? Pretty Please?

I`ll see what I can do.....

Here is the vid from last night all 13 sec`s and mostly pitch black....

I`ll see what I can do.....

Here is the vid from last night all 13 sec`s and mostly pitch black....

Looks like you had fun jumping your 1:1 car, can't wait to see some more vid of her running!! Maybe some we can actually see, in daylight! lol :P

Have you seen this?

Looks like you had fun jumping your 1:1 car, can't wait to see some more vid of her running!! Maybe some we can actually see, in daylight! lol tongue.gif

Have you seen this?

Yeah, was fun til I broke it!

Its quite a well lit car park, just my phone cam is crap......

Will try to do better!!

Yeah saw that over on losi forums, good for a one stop conversion, but I`d want to tailor my spec a little.

Went out this afternoon to a local carpark which has loads of big banks in it, sort of dividing it into different areas.

Took the bl lst2, a nitro lst2 and the bl revo...

Fired up the nitro first and within the first tank jumped over a bank, landed a bit awkwardly and clipped a front wheel into a low wall breaking the bell crank and bending the turnbuckle, 1 down 2 to go......

Then I ran the bl lst which went better until I started to forget the home made motor mount doesn`t like heavy landings from half tidy jumps, partcularly back and front flips.... 2 down 1 to go...........

Last up was the e revo which was running great, have been fairly gentle with it up to now, but today I let it rip and bashed it good. It jumps really nicley and took its beating quite well.

The wing got well wrenched and one of the fasteners pulled out, lost a load of body clips, when you flip it the rears almost always catch on the ground and rip out, broke a rear drive shaft.

Also got it jammed under my car

DSCF3020.jpg

Have a little (not really that little) wrenching to do to put them all back in shape

The text in your sig made me lol!

I think its pretty universal..............................

Had a bit of fun, revo is back together now, batts on charge, just the losi`s to do....

Goodies from td racing arrived today, so pics later and the bl lst can resume service at maximum abuse levels!!!good.gif

Here are the new goodies...

The Dude motor mount and another Single speed hub

DSCF3032.jpg

A bit of a strip down, the old mount, how weak it was

DSCF3037.jpg

DSCF3039.jpg

DSCF3040.jpg

DSCF3041.jpg

New mount on

DSCF3043.jpg

New mount and the shiney new single speed hub to match

DSCF3044.jpg

Just the hi spd pinion to change on the rc monster pinion adapter and she`s all set.

Also been playing about with some wheel tyre combo`s

Dyed 40 series wabash with Moabs

DSCF3034.jpg

On the truck

DSCF3049.jpg