• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New to rc

leeski

Hi and welcome to the forum. cheers.gif

I myself would buy a step up stinger. Its a bit over budget, but its fast and very strong.

Do you also need a battery and charger?

Yes i would need everything as starting from scratch have senn a few rtr models but just unsure as what to go for also should i start with brushed or go straight for brushless, loads of choice.

thanks for the advice guys ive also just seen the royal flash limited edition with battery and charger

Yes i agree ansmann are ok but for your first rc id look at the traxxas range and see what is within your budget, traxxas make good strong rcs that come ready to use and are very easy to find/buy spares and upgrades for, they also have very good customer service and a very good website with everything you will need concerning all of there model rcs new and old.

:good:

I would definately recomend a Traxxas rustler/stampede or a e-firestorm, Ive had both XL5 and VXL versions of the Traxxas' and they are tough, well built, easy to work on and perform well. Spares are easily found too should you need them, as are upgrades.

Ive recently purchased a E-Firestorm Flux, Although I Cannot really comment on it as I have used it once, today, in icy cold conditions and the tyres didnt grip, it is an awesome car, Exactly the same as the Traxxas' except i think it looks and feels like a better quality product?

Cant comment on the stinger, It has good vibes from the guys on here and certainly is a bargain for what you get. 2.4ghz AND brushless for

I would definately recomend a Traxxas rustler/stampede or a e-firestorm, Ive had both XL5 and VXL versions of the Traxxas' and they are tough, well built, easy to work on and perform well. Spares are easily found too should you need them, as are upgrades.

Ive recently purchased a E-Firestorm Flux, Although I Cannot really comment on it as I have used it once, today, in icy cold conditions and the tyres didnt grip, it is an awesome car, Exactly the same as the Traxxas' except i think it looks and feels like a better quality product?

Cant comment on the stinger, It has good vibes from the guys on here and certainly is a bargain for what you get. 2.4ghz AND brushless for

I believe the Titans breaking to be a myth. Ive had 5 rustlers, 4 stampedes, 2 E-maxx's and an E-Revo, all have Titans and ive never broke one. In fact ive never ever broke a motor :S Ive ran on Lipos the lot.

As said, on paper the specification of the stinger blows both the E-firestorm and the traxxas out of the water, Seriously the amount you gt for

if i was to go for a brushed motor what type of peed am i going to get from 540 motor with a 3000 battery bearing in mind all ive driven up to now is a toy thing from new bright would there be a big difference in speed?

there are some very good brushed motors out there to buy, id think about 35-38mph from a good one geared right... but acceleration is the thing that will improve the most with a good brushed motor..