• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

GV Models Li-Protector in an E-Revo.

Kpowell911

You need to find what battery out of the two is used for powering the motor. Can't remember exactly how to do it.

It involves plugging one battery in at once and seeing which side lights up the ESC, then using the protector on the other side. Something like that.

You need to find what battery out of the two is used for powering the motor. Can't remember exactly how to do it.

It involves plugging one battery in at once and seeing which side lights up the ESC, then using the protector on the other side. Something like that.

Put it on to the side which will drain a bit quicker, qhich is the side that will power the ESC.

Ah i see, So really i need to first of all establish which side powers the esc

thanks

To determine which side you need if you still have the red tag on one of the connectors then this is the BEC side which is the side you need

If not or to double check plug one battery in at a time and if the ESC lights up then this is the BEC side (note the ESC won't stay on it will just flash on the other battery connection wont light it up at all)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to jump in on this thread, however I think my question is relevant.

Can somebody explain how the EVX-2 handles the 2 batteries? I have an E-maxx 16.8V, whcih I gather from reading threads is the same ESC as used in the E-Revo.

Am I right in thinking that 1 battery is used to power the motors, which can be determined by plugging 1 battery in and seeing if the ESC lights flash. So, what is the second battery used for? Servos?

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, if there is another thread please can you point me to it.

Thanks in advance

No both batteries are supplied to the motors so depending on the type and make up of your batteries you can give varying voltages

The esc can handle 16.8 volts.

Tthe power for the servos is taken only off one side which is the BEC side and supplied at approx 6 volts

Which is why the LVC is taken off this side as it drains quicker

The servos and reciever don't use much power which is why they run off only one side

Guys when i plug in both batteries, it works fine as usual. I take one battery off to see which broken connection cuts the ESC - When i pull one of them off, the ESC green light instantly turns off, and when i break the other connection, the ESC green light stays on for a little bit, flashes quickly then turns off....Am i right in assuming the side which makes the ESC flash and stay on for a short time is the one where i should fit the LVC?

The esc should only light up for a moment the shut down when you plug the battery into the BEC side

If you still have the red tape on the ESC ushually this is the BEC side of the ESC.

Iif the ESC does not as you say light up when you plug in your battery then the connection thah glitches the servo's when you plug it in is the BEC side

Thanks for all your quick replies :good:

I picked up the diagram below from a different form (can' remember the name - sorry). This is how I intend to wire up my EVX-2 when GV the LiPo Protector arrives from Modelsport.

EVX-2Wiringfor2SLiPo.jpg

Yes do that!