• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hex drivers!

53HRA

Hello guys :)

I spotted these hex drivers a while back,so i thought i would share the link as they look pretty good for what your paying and Topcad do some good stuff for scale rc's etc,:)

Click me

Im tempted in a set :P Theres other colours to(view sellers other items!)

:)

those ones including postage are £21 i think..

1.5mm £7.69

2.0mm £7.69

2.5mm £7.69

3.0mm £7.69

Total about £30 inc post i would think, a well known brand and well known tools ;)

dunno wat the other ones be like, get them and let u know :lol:

No.The ones ive posted are in dollars not pounds ;) Convert $14.90+$7.00 post works out under £14 posted ;)

Edited by 53HRA

I use this set, but the non ball end set. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bondhus-8pc-T-Handle-Ballpoint-Metric-Hex-Allen-Key-Set_W0QQitemZ150375418748QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Hand_Tools_Equipment?hash=item230312cb7c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 Theyre awesome, have a heavy T-handle which acts like a flywheel so can spin screws out super quick, theyn have removed screws that my other wrenches have previously rounded out the heads.

You can get them on ebay individually for cheap, free post too http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/TomsToolChest-BetaToolsUK_Hex-Allen-Keys_W0QQ_fsubZ180313319QQ_sidZ87157749QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322 i bought a few of the imperial sizes from this guy

Edited by londoner

The Fastrax set imo are rubbish for the largescale,ive got a set and they just aint manly enough,threaded the grub screw that holds the shaft in,they might be ok for smaller scale but not largescale.

And these ballends ? i thought they were bad because the dont sit in properly and end up rounding off the hex ?

Edited by Topper

The Fastrax set imo are rubbish for the largescale,ive got a set and they just aint manly enough,threaded the grub screw that holds the shaft in,they might be ok for smaller scale but not largescale.

And these ballends ? i thought they were bad because the dont sit in properly and end up rounding off the hex ?

yeah, i got the fastrax ones and they aint too good for the 1/8 either imo, i knackered them lol. think i will weld them to the handles then they will be ok i think haha

I received a set of 5 Fastrax tools when I bought a car for spares off eBay.

I think the handles are OK and the ends are cut so perfect that they fit in the ends of allen bolts just right, but the small grub screw that holds the handle and shaft together is very poor quality and all 5 worked loose and started spinning in the handles within days.

I like the look of those Bondhus ones, could you tell me how long is the shaft on the shortest one?

I'm considering getting a set but will only do so if they will reach into the hard to get at areas on my largescale cars.