• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

laptops

dazza7

I would go for the Dell. Great customer support, they have symantec system restore feature for if you **** it up - and you can upgrade it. I think the inspiron can have up to 8gig memory which is mad! :o

Have a look and see if you can pick an Acer 6930G up on the bay new,they often go on there from shops with 12mths warranty new and sealed,I saw the one with the glass panel media controls and fingerprint scanner for

Have a look and see if you can pick an Acer 6930G up on the bay new,they often go on there from shops with 12mths warranty new and sealed,I saw the one with the glass panel media controls and fingerprint scanner for

They are a top spec machine,I was considering either one of those or the Traxxas Summit,the more I look at the Acer,the more i'm swayed but the Summit is a strong contender.

The 6935 can be got with TV tuner for around

Never used the fingerprint thingy because the drivers won't work under vista 64. Bit silly really shipping a 4GB ram system with 32-bit windows, but they're all at it still. Silly vendors... :P

Other than that I'm made up with the laptop. The 8920's are a bit pricier because of the size (around

This is the one i'm on about,sure you'll agree they're impressive... ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acer-Apsire-6920G-16...%3A3%7C294%3A25

right this is goingto be a hard decision now ;):lol:

but its between the acer and the dell tbh

but this is going to sound a quite stupid question but :rolleyes: see on the left handside of the keypad, is that touhmotion if you get me ? because if so im going to swing towards the acer

because that is proper nice laptop B)

Never used the fingerprint thingy because the drivers won't work under vista 64. Bit silly really shipping a 4GB ram system with 32-bit windows, but they're all at it still. Silly vendors... :P

Other than that I'm made up with the laptop. The 8920's are a bit pricier because of the size (around

yeah i know :) does look alot nicer aswell

im just trying to find it in a shop to get a rough price :good:

could somebody please find it as my pc is like a snail atm :@

Try Carphone Warehouse,they do the 6930G with Blueray,Cinematic controls and the T5800 processor for

Definately worth it,I played on the one in Carphone Warehouse with the Blueray,5.1 Dolby surround,the only thing it didn't have was the fingerprint scanner,it had the Cinematic controls though and they are amazing,the screen quality is unreal and the sub woofer function makes the sound great for watching movies and they'll play all but the most taxing games... ;)

The one criticism I would have is the internal speakers are a touch on the quiet side. You'd expect a beffier amp in there given that it's branded as a multimedia machine. On full volume it doesn't vibrate the table as you'd hope. :lol:

Definately worth it,I played on the one in Carphone Warehouse with the Blueray,5.1 Dolby surround,the only thing it didn't have was the fingerprint scanner,it had the Cinematic controls though and they are amazing,the screen quality is unreal and the sub woofer function makes the sound great for watching movies and they'll play all but the most taxing games... ;)

ok :D well the fingerprint scanner isnt really a must but aslong as it has the controls on the lefthand side (there one of the big things that i like about it ^_^:lol:) i will be happy :)

Another nice thing on the acers is the HDMI port (I'm sure the 6920 has it too). If you've got a decent res TV then hook up the HDMI and watch your blu-rays through the big screen. :D

yep :D ive got a 26" HD tv :D