• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

losi mini rock crawler

daymo

hi all am looking at getting a crawler was thinking of starting with a losi mini crawler was wondering how good they are and what the are able to do? and can you buy mods/hop ups for them?

cheers

Damon

I've got one and all I've done to it is weight the wheels and added a little weight on the rear axle and some extra on the front steering servo. And fitted 30 degree links instead of the straight ones for better ground clearance and its amazing where it can go!

Does it need to be the mini rock crawler or is it just cos of the price (not looked at it).

Apparently the comp. crawler is brill for the price as it comes with diggs/diff locking. These usually cost a bomb o the inclusion is great for the price and makes it (one of) the best out-the-box crawlers you can buy, especially for the money ;)

Its amazing how much you can sound like you know what you're talking about when you copy what the guy form Losi said isn't it :P

It will crawl over rocks bigger than itself and the way mine is set up it will climb some impressive inclines. (and its not severely modified like some can be!)

I'll try and take some at some point. (Only one i've got at the moment is attached hopefully, but shows it dropping down of its box in my garage with some good articulation) If you've got plenty of weight in the front wheels it stops it tipping back and also allows tires to maintain grip!

post-11030-1245678400_thumb.jpg

I have a Venom Creeper as well but I have more fun with the Losi at times as it can be slightly more challanging because of its size to get over obsticles!

Finally got some pictures of the Losi crawling gave up on a video clip but will try at some point (new camera and no idea how it works !!)

post-11030-1245788818_thumb.jpg

post-11030-1245788921_thumb.jpg

post-11030-1245789014_thumb.jpg

post-11030-1245789121_thumb.jpg

post-11030-1245789201_thumb.jpg

that looks great! Is it good enough as a 'proper' crawler to give someone a real taste of crawling? I like the idea but dont' fancy investing

that looks great! Is it good enough as a 'proper' crawler to give someone a real taste of crawling? I like the idea but dont' fancy investing

• 2 weeks later...

quick question - just bought a mini rock crawler, and chopped the plug off the end of the charger, to wire up to some banana plugs for my xbase charger. But which is +ve and which is -ve? there are only two black wires. one has dashes printed on it though. Not sure what the plug they use is either

cheers. Didn't fancy leaving it for 6 hours to charge up

edit: dashes was postive, but as you mention, the charger told me off :D

Edited by mrklaw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

took my MRC to St.Ives on holiday and had some fun on real rocks. Didn't like the big stuff, but a lot of fun.

Also just finished converting it to four wheel steer. Not too bad, but needed quite a few separate parts. My spektrum DX3 lets me have it independent with a little switch, or mixed with the main steering. Not sure which I prefer yet.

• 1 month later...

took my MRC to St.Ives on holiday and had some fun on real rocks. Didn't like the big stuff, but a lot of fun.

Also just finished converting it to four wheel steer. Not too bad, but needed quite a few separate parts. My spektrum DX3 lets me have it independent with a little switch, or mixed with the main steering. Not sure which I prefer yet.

Hi.

What parts are required for the 4 wheel steering and at what cost. I have just ordered a Losi mini crawler and it is something I fancy doing to it.

Thanks.

Edited by bazbill

Code: AB0822 Losi Mini Rock Crawler MSX12 Digital Min 1 @ 18.61 = 18.61

Code: AB1419 Losi Mini Rock Crawler Complete Screw Ki 1 @ 8.12 = 8.12

Code: AB1409 Losi Mini Rock Crawler Front Spindles & 1 @ 4.99 = 4.99

Code: AB1410 Losi Mini Rock Crawler Steering Links, L 1 @ 4.99 = 4.99

Code: AB1421 Losi Mini Rock Crawler Servo Plates & Mo 1 @ 4.50 = 4.50

Code: AB1422 Losi Mini Rock Crawler Servo Saver & Arm 1 @ 4.50 = 4.50

(all prices from modelsport). I had to get modelsport to add those to their website, so they should all be there now. Track down the MRC under losi/electric, then in the top right corner there is a drop down list where you can select spares.