• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

# HP87288 - Heavy Duty Steel Exhaust Header For HP87401 (Baja Series)

Topper

Probably seen this for the US region,it's been available over there for months,

When i contacted Mirage for my second claim on the header,they stated that it would be a couple of months before it's available over here,

I have now contacted mirage today for the claim of the steel header ;)

The stock muffler is a better pipe in terms of protection and hastle free,but by no means outdoes the SS tuned pipe on performance,ive used both and the difference is night and day,the muffler really does restrict the power and revs,

Im sure the paint will come off if you try,it's worth putting a claim in,especially the

I have till August before the warranty is up,I think i'm gonna whack a claim in,the chemi metal I used will come off easily enough and should clean up ok,I doubt they expect clean headers anyway but mine has 3 cracks in it now.. :lol:

What a load of old tripe :glare:

Just got an email response from mirage:

Hi Chris

After taking advice on this it would I appear I was somewhat incorrect.

We would only be able to replace like for like on your manifold, humble apologies for any inconvenience caused.

In recognition of the delay, if you can email a photo of the tuned pipe and a copy of your receipt to me via this email address I will send out a replacement.

So,looks like they wont replace a faulty alloy header with a steel one,

If you want a steel one,you have to pay for it :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
I think my exhaust manifold has a crack in it.

I just painted it though, never thought of trying for a warranty claim :lol::lol:

Yup - the manifold is cracked :(:(

I just ran the Baja for the first time since doing it up and painting the exhaust. Two cracks, one either side of the bend in the manifold and oil is leaking out.

Sent a note to Modelsport to see if I can claim under warranty.