• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Getting back into RC - what to get?

bigkid09

Hi guys,

I've always been into RC cars ever since I was little (back in the days of Nikko etc!).

A few years back I bought a T2M nitro car but to be honest it needed a lot of work doing to it and it's been sat in the shed ever since.

I was in my local park a couple of weeks back where I saw a few lads with some nitro trucks and I had the whole "I want one!" feeling come back.

I'd like to go Nitro, as the charging of batteries etc was a pain. I think a buggy/monster truck is the way to go as well, as it'd give me more places to use it.

A few questions...

I always liked the T Maxx's but to be honest, I don't want to spend

Edited by bigkid09

electric can be faster than nitro but have to invest in hardware! E revo :good: plus point with electric powered kits is that they don't disturb neighbours/public as nitros.

heres few good nitros

Stealth Xb

Havoc

Hogzilla

KRYPTONITE

You do need too upgrade steering servo for a metal gear one, failsafe, 6v battery pack+charger, glo starter,fuel, few spare glo plugs.

Edited by R46

my mate has got a hpi trophy 3.5 and that is superb straight from the box!! he hasnt modified anything and it does the job. also my hyper 7 .21 is superb but the hyper needs better servos putting in, apart from that its quality!

trophy and hyper!!

Out of what you said, I'd go for the Traxxas, but the Revo, not the Tmaxx.

The revo will be slightly faster, and will handle better, but still has the good ground clearance.

Its the same as the Tmaxx, just better handling, and more "racey"

The Revo is a far better truck than the T-Maxx. MY friend has a T-Maxx 3.3 and I don't like it atall. Just breaks to much and handles like poo. It's fast though. Revos are much stronger :)

The HPI Trophy 3.5 is also a good buggy. So is the Hyper 7 and a few others. I don't know much about buggies to I won't comment :P

As for buggies, they are faster and handle a lot better but they don't have great ground clearance and therefore can't be used on as many surfaces. Truggies are the best mix of speed and ground clearance. Mt's are go anywhere, jump anything fun.

As for buggies I'd say get the Hyper 7 black rtr as it's got a cracking engine and spares are everywhere and very cheap.

ive been happy with my MT2 G3.0 but now i want something bigger, been tempted by a Trophy or Hyper but the ground clearance and thin tyres puts me off, i think a truggy would be more suited to my needs

what kind of ground will you be using it on ?

take a look at these mate, damn good buggies and really underated. I have the X1 CR, basically the all singing, all dancing kit version of this, as this is more or less based on the old x1 cr and may i just say, its brilliant. I crashed mine into a solid steel fence at 30 MPH and it came out unscathed. As a matter of fact, I dont think ive ever broken it at all.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...mp;ItemID=30528

Lee.

The schumacher menace is great fun but needs plenty of space to use its speed ...if you fancy a truck have a look at the schumacher havoc its easy to work on as its 2wd and its mega fast for 1/8th scale truck + the thunder tiger engines are easy to tune and last for ages.