• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Touring Car!

Well, heres my pair of current racers.

Xray T2'008 5cell EU

photo288bu8.jpg

photo437.jpg

photo573.jpg

photo580.jpg

photo583d.jpg

KO Vantage 3 with Spektrum module

Spektrum SR3000 reciever

Scanner SSV9794MG servo

MRT PTX

Orion 3800 LiPo

Speed Passion GT ESC

Speed Passion 13.5 motor

Core UDC-20 charger

Pro-Peak 20A PSU

Chassis is as it comes, apart from 52mm driveshafts, 1.7 pullies, thinner roll bars and alloy shocks.

Tamiya M03

photo776.jpg

photo689f.jpg

KO Vantage 3 with Spektrum module

Spektrum SR3000 reciever

Futaba S9550 servo

MRT PTX

Yeah Racing 3200 LiPo

Taiya TEU BK-101 ESC

Tamiya Sport Tuned motor

Core UDC-20 charger

Pro-Peak 20A PSU

Chassis has TRF shocks, TRF springs, Ansmann tyres and ballraces.

nice garry love the T2008 :)

i was gunna go the the esprit to but it wouldnt of left me enough for spares and so on so i got a futaba 3GR, its not as sexy but it does the job and does it well :)

i think me and you are the only remaining T2 owners on here :P

Garry, is that an E firestorm on that other guy's pit table behind yours?

People race them? :lol: I knew it was possible, but the stigma... It's like bringing a traxxas to the track...

Yep, E-Firestorm. Its a much better car than a Rustler IMO, more like an Associated T4 or Losi XXX-T. Its more adjustable and is better thought out, but then again, it would be considering it was designed in the past few years.....and the Rustler is from 1994ish!

Yep, E-Firestorm. Its a much better car than a Rustler IMO, more like an Associated T4 or Losi XXX-T. Its more adjustable and is better thought out, but then again, it would be considering it was designed in the past few years.....and the Rustler is from 1994ish!

Yeah, I was really impressed with the chassis on my nitro firestorm. It's just a shame the early ones used the wrong plastic. The plastic parts would shatter for no reason. I replaced the offending parts, and the engine died :lol: just my luck...

I might get an electric one some day though.

EDIT: ever noticed the similarity between the Associated GT2 and firestorm? It's kinda there between the E firestorm and T2 too...

ok, back on topic :)

Edited by joe of loath

how did you get the arches the perfect size? :o

mine allways end up slightly to big :(

you coming to the mirage gp by the way? :)

Compass cutter set to a fraction larger than a wheel and tyre. lineup and drill the body while clear, set the height and do the arches, then paint. :D

I wish I could, but I can't afford it, I doubt I can do much racing beyond club and local meets this year. Damn credit crunch. :(

Yeah, I was really impressed with the chassis on my nitro firestorm. It's just a shame the early ones used the wrong plastic. The plastic parts would shatter for no reason. I replaced the offending parts, and the engine died :lol: just my luck...

I might get an electric one some day though.

EDIT: ever noticed the similarity between the Associated GT2 and firestorm? It's kinda there between the E firestorm and T2 too...

ok, back on topic :)

Indeed, but the design works sooo well on a track, its hard to improve, just refine. :lol:

You want pink ???

Image00005.jpg

Image00001.jpg

The specs

TRF 415 MSX MRE

Spool front / Diff rear

Spektrum DX3S

GM Racing SX6 ESC (it's tiny !)

Reedy Challanger 19t brushed

Sorex 28Rs

GP3700 race packs

Dodge Stratus 3.0 shell - going back to the Mazda 6 though as I don't like the understeer with the Stratus.

Daniel.

• 7 months later...

Almost finished laugh.gif just got to get a decent servo, still need a transponder, tidy up the wiring and check the weight/balance.

Oh and cut those posts whistling.gif

left-1.jpg

back.jpg

front.jpg

weight.jpg

A big thanks to all that's help on the forum good.gif with my dumb newbie q's blush.gif

Edited by SAW

A few pictures of my trf415msxx.

RS Pro, 13.5 redline, 9550, futaba reciever... smile.gif

http://i151.photobuc.../Picture070.jpg

http://i151.photobuc.../Picture075.jpg

http://www.morecambe.../Colin/tc36.jpg

nice paint job mate , is that the tamiya metal flake spray ?