• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

marder gears

madmarder

hi guys,i still am unsure whether or not there should be any play between the 18 tooth gear on the cluch bell and the 46 tooth plastic spur gear,mine are meshed together hard with no play at all,the buggy free wheels ok,with no resistance at all,but still not sure if there should be any play

thanks guys

I've not got the marder but the monster beetle - my gears are 48t 16t

To set the gap i cut a thin vertical strip (1cm) off an A4 piece of paper, pop the end between the two gears then roll the spur gear with my thumb - if it goes through real easy to need to tighten the gap up, if it won't go between or is cut to pieces by the teeth you need to make the gap bigger.

not very scientific but seems to work ;)

I've not got the marder but the monster beetle - my gears are 48t 16t

To set the gap i cut a thin vertical strip (1cm) off an A4 piece of paper, pop the end between the two gears then roll the spur gear with my thumb - if it goes through real easy to need to tighten the gap up, if it won't go between or is cut to pieces by the teeth you need to make the gap bigger.

not very scientific but seems to work ;)

yeah tried those techniques on mine,it seems to be ok,i will leave it alone,thanks guys,i was told there should be a 1mm gap,seems a bit much to me,but anyway,thanks again guys

These gears have no adjustment and must be fitted in sets

e.g. 16T x 48T, 18T x 46T, 20T x 44T

When the correct gear set is fitted, the gap will always be correct.

Happy motoring :D