• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Mean Green Machine...

Mr Terminator

The only reason I got this Revo is the fact it has an RB engine and not the standard TRX 3.3.I've just had it out and tuned the engine,all I can say is WOW,this thing is nuts and wheelies like crazy,i'm going to change everything over to the 3.3 chassis,its only on one of the 2.5 chassis's so that should make it a little more sane.The RB engine was a doddle to tune and I still have it on the rich side.I'm well impressed and very happy,seems the Revo is one truck i've been missing and didn't know it.... :D

Needs a little cleaning now...

SANY0288.jpg

SANY0291.jpg

SANY0289.jpg

It'll get cleaned Paul.lol.It's in pieces at the minute,just cleaning everything,then coating it with GT85,finally putting it all back together on the 3.3 chassis.Its all good mate,worry thee not... :lol:

Sweet looking Revo ;)

I'm pondering over a next purchase, another petrol (baja style) or another nitro monster truck.

Always liked the Revo & T-Maxx but never owned a Traxxas, I've always heard more bad then good about the TRX engines so a bit unsure.

I'm sure it flys with the RB though! looks very tidy with the proline shell :good:

Welcome to the fan club Mr T!

i also had a 2.5 revo in the past and regretted getting rid. Picked one up cheap and set to work on it!

did have an rb323 powerplant in there, but wasnt really a fan of it for racing, so stuck an sts21t in there instead.

it is still a work in progress...

001na4.jpg

002ia2.jpg

Well,i've finished the cleaning,cleaned,prepped and re-glued two of the tyres that looked like a 2 yr old had glued them and rebuilt her all back up on the 3.3 chassis.A pleasure to work on is the main thing about this truck,gonna order either a full Stainless hex kit or a stainless Torx kit first off,then comes the standard shell,wheels and 17mm hexs from the latest 5308 model...

Pics...

SANY0292.jpg

SANY0294.jpg

SANY0296.jpg

SANY0301.jpg

SANY0298.jpg

SANY0315.jpg

SANY0313.jpg

SANY0310.jpg

SANY0309.jpg

SANY0308.jpg

SANY0317.jpg

Cheers Mel,I like it a lot as I guess you can tell,much more at home with this than the Savage,i've had 4 Savvys now,I think it's finally sunk in that although they're strong and have a good rep,they'e not the truck for me,took a while but I got there in the end... :lol:

nice! I might have missed it, but how did you get hold of the purple chassis? did you buy it, or get it anodized?

My revo needs some mods lol, I'm racing it ATM, and it does surprisingly well against truggies, even though its stock. I ordered some ally tie rod ends for the rear (stock ones are stretched) from vracing (dirtyrc) but they're out of stock, and I have no idea when they'll be back in stock...

oh, btw you might want to replace the EZstart motor with the one from the 3.3, as the 2.5R ones are a little underpowered for bigger engines. I replaced mine at traxxas before I knew it was mine :lol:

Edited by joe of loath

Cheers for the tip with the EZ start motor,mine seems to fire the RB up no problem but I'll look at getting the 3.3 motor as they're not expensive.

The chassis is one that Paul sprayed with rattle cans and then coated it using fuel resistent lacquer,it does look good and well done but I do like the blue and will get a new blue chassis at some point,i'll have chassis coming out my ears,I have 2 spare 2.5 chassis's,one purple that was on it before I changed and a spare blue one with the standard radio box and servo mountings.

I'll be needing to use the standard 3.3 mounts I think as it'll be easier,when I fit reverse back on her,got everything I need now for that as my Optidrive,sensor and shift servo came today,

haha nice one mate yeah i could tell you prefer something that will handle a bit better rather than me who just needs it to hold together after hitting a 4ft foot ramp at full pelt lol, the only corners i go round is when im turning around to hit the ramp again lol :lol: . going to have to get a bash together when it warms up a bit because i really want to see that and the mini hyper running :)

Yeah,for sure mate,a meet up and bash would be awesome,it'd be good to meet everyone in the flesh so to speak,i'd like a few tips from the master on how to jump well.... ;)

The chassis is one that Paul sprayed with rattle cans and then coated it using fuel resistent lacquer,it does look good and well done but I do like the blue and will get a new blue chassis at some point,i'll have chassis coming out my ears,I have 2 spare 2.5 chassis's,one purple that was on it before I changed and a spare blue one with the standard radio box and servo mountings.

When you say rattle cans are they the ones that you can buy on modelsport, the polycarbonate paint

Not sure if it was model paint or cellulose paint from the likes of Halfords,I dont know if model paint would be any good on an alloy chassis,its only meant for Poly and the other ABS plastic but I may be wrong but I dont know,you'd have to ask Paul.... ;)