• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux HP

ryantocc

• 2 weeks later...

The MMM can only take up to 6s and the 62mph speed is on tarmac with phatline tyres. The drivetrain is a hybrid of Savage X and Savage XL - diffs are from XL center drive is from X. arms and cvds are from XL but are same size as X (possibility of XL arms etc fitting) TVPs are based on a Savage X but i recon there will be an extended version to help tame the wheelies. There are no shared components with the E-savage/E-zilla

Also Savage flux comes with lower toothed pinion in the box and there will be a second motor option available. the motors are made under license form Neu by CC.

you can also expect a number of aftermarket hop-ups soon after launch. namely chassis plates and suspension components.

There will be quite a lot of parts crossover from the savage. the flux is essentially a Savage X with the upgraded suspension components from the XL and a single speed center tranny. I would guess that the final drive ratio would be close to that of an e-savage.

It looks like HPI have been listening to the customers to come up with an e-revo beater with the good parts support of the normal GP saxage X/XL. that was always the achillies heel of the e-savage as it didn't share any common components with any other truck in HPI/HB's parts bin. I know for a fact that many e-sav owners have put in equally powerful BL systems along with tougher drive train components and then blown their diffs apart with the power so we are all eagerly awaiting the arrival of flux with the stronger diffs from a savage.

I for one am seriously considering getting one.

I'm not sure ont he uk price yet, as usual we will probably be the last place to get it but i did see it on tower hobbies with some discount and a factory rebate which brought the price down to below $500US. TI is expected mid to late jan according to tower so we might see it in april or may time.

it comeing to modlesport on the 6th of next mouth and on tower hobbies it $639 hope it is 300 in the uk thats all i can grab at this time going to be getting it in late march...

it a 1/10 so a bit small but thats ok how what it big..

ryan

it comeing to modlesport on the 6th of next mouth and on tower hobbies it $639 hope it is 300 in the uk thats all i can grab at this time going to be getting it in late march...

it a 1/10 so a bit small but thats ok how what it big..

ryan

i expect it will be more than

Edited by rcsammy

If they put in their description it can run 6s I'm sold.

It's obviously well upgraded out of the Box - which means less likely to break and easy parts available (because I'm assuming they are claiming the stock parts can take this power!). One thing I disliked about my E-Maxx was breaking anything on it, ended up costing me hundreds and required me to import it from the US.

Oh and it has battery boxes, no more zipties to stop Lipos sliding out from under the shell. Wohoo!

buuut the E revo runs the same setup so can also run 6S, is also based on the nitro chassis so easy parts and also uses battery boxes

its really close for me... i want to see which has larger battery boxes :lol:

I prefer the ground clearence of the Savage and I guarantee you a stock Revo will NOT take 6s.

And depending on the price difference, this kit comes with way more (CVDs/Metal Gears/Metal Spur/Roll Bar/Wheely Bar). Revo doesn't have those. :confused:

i do have to agree with you there nick, traxxas drivetrains dont seem to be the best

i manages about 30 seconds on my stock rustler driveshafts :lol:

unless your racing or want handling i think the savage probably will be better, i think i just want somthing good offroad and that i can chuck over massive ramps

my past experiences with savages kinda put me off them though