• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

:O Dirty!

midi-mania

well i have just taken the case off and taken several bits of the computer off, washed/cleaned them, dried them then re inserted them and i love the look of a clean computer ^_^

anyway, here's a few pics of what yours may be like inside if it is several years old

at first i was like... im gonna need a vacuum cleaner, then when i took the cpu's fan of i was like... how the hell is this computer still alive???

also, does anyone know where i can get the pure copper rods that insert into the heat sink to make ti work more affectively??? it has 2 in it... otherwise it wouldn't work but i was wondering if i could get the other 2 cheap :P

here they are:

p1010858nr6.th.jpgthpix.gif

p1010859qk3.th.jpgthpix.gif

p1010860rp5.th.jpgthpix.gif

p1010861mq9.th.jpgthpix.gif

Edited by midi-mania

generally its a common layer :)

But the heatsink isn't good!!

Defo get it off and hoovered out! :)

Considered putting a fresh layer of cooling compound on?

Ziggy

generally its a common layer :)

But the heatsink isn't good!!

Defo get it off and hoovered out! :)

Considered putting a fresh layer of cooling compound on?

Ziggy

nope because i dunno were to get it nor how much it costs :)

it is all clean and shiny (the whole pc) except the keyboard... that could do with a good clean

and i know i didnt break anything because its still working :) although i may have been a little bit silly when i put the cpu fan under the tap to get it totally clean :whistling: making sure i used a small trickle of water of course to make sure none got in and it is deffo working properly as i have just had it at full speed, 4099RPM :lol:

i would never have guessed that you could download a program to monitor and control the fan speeds etc :)

could do with a 2GB ram though lol

is there any way of converting a 2GB USB memory stick into RAM? just a thought... as i happen to have one lying around :P

also how do you calibrate screens? as my mouse clicks dont seems to properly be in sync with the screen, for example sometimes when the cursor is on one line and i click it will go to the line below...