• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hyper 7 accelaration gains

Well basically ive had the a hyper 7 tq .28 for two weeks now and have replaced the the chassis twice, the centre propshafts twice and the centre diff, now i think ive learnt to drive it lol and take it apart and put it back together lol i was thinking

Well basically ive had the a hyper 7 tq .28 for two weeks now and have replaced the the chassis twice, the centre propshafts twice and the centre diff, now i think ive learnt to drive it lol and take it apart and put it back together lol i was thinking about adding some hop-ups,now being a complete noob to the nitro car scene and you've probably heard this question a million times but im looking for some infomation about what to change for some good acceleration,i know a little bit about changing the different cogs to ones with different amounts of teeth but not too sure about which cogs to change to what to get the best ie clutch bell etc etc also does a 2 speed make enought of a difference to warrant 75 quid spent on it

any help appreciated :helpsmilie:

i was going to put the two speed in mine but was told by local model shops and some racers from the local club that if you land after a jump in to higher revs with the two speed part it can rip it apart, so decided to stay away from it myself

Well, the two speed will give you better acceleration and you won't lose any top speed, you may even gain a little, but

well ive done some more searching on here and i think ill give the 2 speed a miss as im more of a basher at the minute.

Rcchris----- Thats exactly the info that i was after as i couldnt remember which way round the teeth amount went between the cluthbell and the spur.

so if i went for starters with a 48t spur and a 13t clutchbell would that be the most extreme as for acceleration goes with the gearing also can you change the spur gears in the front and rear diffs and is it worth it?

Cheers

well ive done some more searching on here and i think ill give the 2 speed a miss as im more of a basher at the minute.

Rcchris----- Thats exactly the info that i was after as i couldnt remember which way round the teeth amount went between the cluthbell and the spur.

so if i went for starters with a 48t spur and a 13t clutchbell would that be the most extreme as for acceleration goes with the gearing also can you change the spur gears in the front and rear diffs and is it worth it?

Cheers

First thing Nick, leave the gearing on the front and rears alone, don't know if it is even possible to change, and It would be a bad idea to try in my opinion.

I don't have a hyper 7 fella so it's hard to say as I don't know what comes as standard, but if that's the smallest clutch and largest spur they do I would say yes, that would be the most extreme acceleration.

Chris.