• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

if you know nitro help me please

Tamiyacowboy

PLEASE ONLY ANSWER if you have had more that two years in nitro and know what you on about. i dont need stab in the dark guesses at my problem thanks

ok guys as you know i am a nitro head too and have had lots of time using them ok so now i have a problem

HPI MT2 brough last november

has had 1.5 lt of fuel (tornado 16%)through it and has sat for two months unused

so i fire up the mt2 about ten mins ago and wham WOT

ok i adjust the lsn and its still in WOT i mean it screams have my carbon disc at full braking and this thing still pulls. am so P***** of f at mo and can see me throwing it aginst the nearest wall. as i say im not a novice to nitro and know what i doing

the lsn is screw out beyond factory setting and the hsn is too i has been run in by the book and well looked after, in the 15+ year i been in nitro i never had this problem

oh and yes there is a 1mm gap too

so if you can help i be very greatful

TC

I havnt got 2 years but i have 18 years self car mechanics.

The only way an engine will increase is a higher mixture of air/fuel.

Seeing as you have a 1mm gap,id say you have an air leak,maybe on the carb manifold.

woow souds like its bit nuts there then mate,

any way getting on topic have you checked the fuel line for leaks also check around the pull start to see if air is escapeing there and any other places you can think of.

please i have no leaks this is a nearly new truck like i mentioned

this is a roto start truck also

stuff it the blasted thing can stay on teh shelf with the broken rc18t now

i make vid an you can see what i mean this is a new truck like i said and only had one an half ltr of fuel through it

TC

admin or mods please lock this topic

thanks

TC

if its new then its even more likey to have an air leak go round the engine and check all the bolts/scwews are nice n tight also cheack the fuel line for holes and even if you cant see any replace the fuel line beacuse it can get minute holes.

Edited by Duff

I know you want the topic locked, and no I don't have 2 years experiance but the only way the truck could be going WOT with the carb 1mm open is an airleak. Look VERY closely at the crack for a hairline crack, relseal all the engine using silicone, check all fixtures....