• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Engine Mounts

mzivtins

had my hyper 7 for two weeks... my house mate has had his for around 4 weeks.

today whilst out all of a sudden my engine fell completely out... well almost, the engine bolts just went, and the same thing had happened to my house mate.

any of you guys had the same thing happen?

also, been through two servos each, steering arms, front bumper, etc etc...

any thoughts?

Engine mounting bolts will come loose, can you imagine trying to hold down an engine thats revving at 40,000 RPM +, the vibrations are huge. Id recommend you get some Loctite and put a little bit on all of the bolts for the engine.

The servos are known to be weak, but i dont think there are many cars that have a good set of servos when you buy them. Steering arms, well thats just unlucky really, ive never had any trouble with them on mine.

had my hyper 7 for two weeks... my house mate has had his for around 4 weeks.

today whilst out all of a sudden my engine fell completely out... well almost, the engine bolts just went, and the same thing had happened to my house mate.

any of you guys had the same thing happen?

also, been through two servos each, steering arms, front bumper, etc etc...

any thoughts?

Sorry mate but if the engine screws have come out its your fault for not checking them.You should check your car every time you use it and thread lock any screws that go into metal or plastic.As for the stock servos yes they are quite poor but most people change them for towerpro mg995 asap.As with anything that is plastic it can break and it comes part in parcel to this hobby.

Edited by mc22x

Sorry mate but if the engine screws have come out its your fault for not checking them.You should check your car every time you use it and thread lock any screws that go into plastic.As for the stock servos yes they are quite poor but most people change them for towerpro mg995 asap.As with anything that is plastic it can break and it comes part in parcel to this hobby.

they don't go into plastic, also there are no specified torque settings for these hex bolts, overtightening bolts like that will have them come loose just the same and under-torqued bolts. this will be the 3rd time running the car, im just a bit miffed about the constant things going wrong... i have made an ignition ignition system/FI system that is more reliable than these cars as RTR, the craftmanship is just very very poor.

mc22x has made a mistake there, you should thread lock any screws or bolts that go into metal components. As for Hobao reliability, it's not an issue I'm aware of. Hobao are a quality make. Having said that the standard steering servos are very poor and should be upgraded as soon as possible. If you have

sorry dude, but its got to be put down to poor/lack of maintanance from you and your mate, you should test all bolts after each run to make sure there all tight and also how the hell are you going through steering arms and bumpers? the whole point of bumpers is that they absorb the impact and get damaged to save damage to the rest of your car, so unless your steering towards walls then i dont see how it is happening tbh, your servos broke? you mean the throttle and steering or just 2 steerings? did you replace the first broken steering one with another standard hobao servo? if so your watsing your money

I don't think they are built poorly, but I didn't expect it to all work itself loose after little use.

The bumper got pretty much torn out when the 2 buggies hit, but I got a replacement front and back one for 2 quid from ebay.

Where can I get replacement bolts for the plate at the bottom of the engine that goes on to the chassis?

Hobao are a high quality manuf, ask the many who decide to use them for racing....

The steering servo on 7's are a weak link, but engine mounts should be checked before running. These machines are fast and breakages are to be expected.