• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Narrowed my choice down to 2 buggys, advice needed

MikeyUK

Ive been mooching around the forums and web all day and have narrowed my long search down to the Hong Nor X1-CR 32 and the Hyper 8.5, both RTR models. Just want to know what people thought of both models, and if it was your choice out of those 2 which would you get, and why? Budget is not an issue.

Thanks.

Mikey.

Budget is not an issue.

Then why not get the HN CR FTE, a decent motor and a nice 2.4GHz radio??

I've never had a Hyper, but I do have the HN. Its been a good car. I bought the RTR version, but have since updated most bits to the factory team spec

Ive been mooching around the forums and web all day and have narrowed my long search down to the Hong Nor X1-CR 32 and the Hyper 8.5, both RTR models. Just want to know what people thought of both models, and if it was your choice out of those 2 which would you get, and why? Budget is not an issue.

Thanks.

Mikey.

If budget isn't an issue have a look at this. It may seem expensive but you're getting an awesome buggy and it comes with a 2.4ghz radio system, you can't knock that. Just something different to consider.

Hi mate, I can't give am opinion on the H/N but I bought a Hyper 8.5RTR about 3 months ago and it is amazing. I have been so pleased with it. The engine is really good and the build quality is nice. Parts are so easy to get hold of. Ebay, Hobby shops, forums. always bits going. My local hobby shop doesn't stock the parts but normally gets them within 24 hours for if i give then a quick call. Also there are loads of upgrade options for it.

Overall I am really pleased with it and am glad I bought it. Only recommendation for it would be to get a starter box as the engine is a nightmare to get going when you first get it. To save blisters get a starter box what ever model you get.

As for the H/N there are many people on here that should be able to give you an opinion on it.

Good luck with whatever you buy.