• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

JE Spares Unbranded Servo.

mackin

Hi Guys,

I am after a new steering servo for my Hyper 7.

Has anyone used the unbranded one from JE Spares ?

http://www.jespares.com/radio-controlled-m...kg-0.13sec.html

Mac.

not yet, but one has arrived today. I shall be using it at the weekend in my Hyper ST Pro. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by RCChris

not yet, but one has arrived today. I shall be using it at the weekend in my Hyper ST Pro. I'll let you know how it goes.

Let us know mate, im also interested in them. MG995 are a bit ****²e, they dont really give out what they say, bit slow. Had a few now, good if your on a budget, but if you can afford better do it.

Trouble with the cheaper high torque servo is that that cant sustain there torque. Get the ACE 14kg servo up against the Tower 14kg. Now turn left, and try with your hand to turn the wheel the other way.

Tower servo will turn easy, i doubt you will budge the ACE

Thats the difference i've found, esp now im racing. When im turn hard and fast, the servo can turn to full lock as the force of turning is pushing the other way, so i found myself having to nearly stop.

Lent the ACE and the difference was night and day, despite being the same KG

Let us know mate, im also interested in them. MG995 are a bit ****²e, they dont really give out what they say, bit slow. Had a few now, good if your on a budget, but if you can afford better do it.

Well, I said I would let you know how it went, and I'm sorry to say it wasn't good. After just 30 mins or so of bashing at the BMX track the JE spares servo simply stopped working. All was connected ok but it was as if it wasn't receiving any power. I swapped it out for a spare 9kg Futaba unit which lasted for the whole of the rest of the session (4 hours). Anyway, tried calling JE, turns out they aren't open at weekends so I'll have to wait until Monday for a reply to the email I sent them. I'm sure I just got unlucky as it seemed easily up to the job whilst it was working. And I've enever had trouble with JE Spares before, they've been excellent as a company.