• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bodyshell

bossman96

My main concern is whether the engine will overheat and the problems this may cause. This is my first nitro car and the shell I bought looks superb without any cutting out.

I would prefer to leave it this way, but want to ensure everything runs smoothly.

generally racers cut a hole in the front windscreen (about 1 and a half inch in diameter)

then they cut out both side windows (just the front ones, not rear)

then they cut the rear window screen out to

this allows easy access to the tank for quick refuel and allows enough airflow to the engine.

that is onroad btw

offroad buggies they usually just cut a hole above the yank so they can refuel...lets air to the engine to.

offroad monster trucks.....enough airflow can get under the shell i guess

also you need to get to the pullstarter

dont be lazzy take the shell off to start the car rather than have a huge hole thats not on the windo but yer its a pain when the car stalls and you have to take the shell off agen to restart it :D

also i would recomend putting holes in the windos to keep the engine cool beacuse yes it will just cut out if it gets to hot.

Edited by Duff

dont be lazzy take the shell off to start the car rather than have a huge hole thats not on the windo but yer its a pain when the car stalls and you have to take the shell off agen to restart it ;)

also i would recomend putting holes in the windos to keep the engine cool beacuse yes it will just cut out if it gets to hot.

I would never cut a hole in mine, but its a pain in the ass taking it off and the clips out all the time to restart.

I would never cut a hole in mine, but its a pain in the ass taking it off and the clips out all the time to restart.

yer i no what you mean and then when it cuts out agen i feal like pulling my hair out.

Edited by Duff

to race a nitro you have to have a hole in front window screen

the size of the hole to allow the engine to cool down enough should be as big as the rims on your car. i myselft remove my rim place on front window draw around and cut out do this on the same side as the engine is on, and if you still need extra cut the same hole in the rear window but this time opposite the front this will allow a uniformed voulume of air to curculate around the engine head and keep cool

TC

Edited by Tamiyacowboy