• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

3 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Picked it up!

8844A200-516F-41BA-89A0-042CB83ABBBA_zps

Not the cat, thats Poppy or "Poopy" as little un calls her :lol: 

Managed to get another £40 off as I didn't want the stock wheelset, so that's paid for a Indian takeaway a few beers for later :) 

May I ask how much these go for 2nd hand?

Got lipo safe bags, alarm and most importantly the correct adapter I needed to charge them, I can now use my first Lipo's!

Got 2 2s 5800Mah Lipos, so going to start using them tomorrow and see the difference.

Ought to make for 30 - 45 min run times, compared to my NiHm where I was getting 10 mins.

Looking forward for the difference

3 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Picked it up!

8844A200-516F-41BA-89A0-042CB83ABBBA_zps

Not the cat, thats Poppy or "Poopy" as little un calls her :lol: 

Managed to get another £40 off as I didn't want the stock wheelset, so that's paid for a Indian takeaway a few beers for later :) 

Is that a Deans connector I see there? Seems a bit underspecced for a 5th BL.

54 minutes ago, Noj said:

A set of Tamiya buggy wheels and tyres from the Wookie, some Tamiya 5mm pivot balls and a set of acrylic display stands for the cabinets.

Interested in seeing the acrylic display stands please?  Would they suit 8th scale and crawlers too?

7 hours ago, Carpmart said:

Interested in seeing the acrylic display stands please?  Would they suit 8th scale and crawlers too?

Yes, they most certainly would. I'll pop piccies up in due course. :good:

£45 delivered, t clamps are good and sturdy and velocity stacks are both Über items. One has the bolt holes not quite centre in the bores, not concerned so i won't complain.

6 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Interested to know what do they charge for this?

Just now, Pistonhead said:

£45 delivered, t clamps are good and sturdy and velocity stacks are both Über items. One has the bolt holes not quite centre in the bores, not concerned so i won't complain.

That actually doesn't seem bad, I wouldn't bother with that oil though, get some proper motox stuff if you haven't already, I use Rock Oil, as do a lot of other lads, best air filter protection :D

2 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

That actually doesn't seem bad, I wouldn't bother with that oil though, get some proper motox stuff if you haven't already, I use Rock Oil, as do a lot of other lads, best air filter protection :D

Got some aerosol k&n oil i use on my nitros, should do the trick. Which element do i oil? Just the inner I assume?

1 minute ago, Pistonhead said:

Got some aerosol k&n oil i use on my nitros, should do the trick. Which element do i oil? Just the inner I assume?

Ahh that should also work :) I usually put a coat on the inner foam and then do a light coat on the inside of the outer foam.

A bit of extra protection and so far it's worked well for me, with both the Uber filter, TGN filter and stock Baja one.

On 21/01/2017 at 12:22, .AJ. said:

Its what came with it... 

Happy now??

133F3B9E-B6D8-4133-9A77-BF1E85D6F211_zps

I didn't for a second think that you had fitted it! I was just surprised that someone had.

Yup, those bullets look much more up to the task :good: