• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

radio gear problems

joneser

hi guys :helpsmilie:

thouth i wood take the buggy out today for a bash so i took it up the park filled her up with juice put new batteries in the transmitter and in the buggy, ran one tank of juice through it with no problems then on the second tank things started to go wrong.

about quater of the way through the tank the bauggy got a mnd of its own steering on its own reving flat out then breaking on its own so i stoped the buggy to see what was wrong and the servos were going like mad without me touching the transmitter.

when i say mad i mean they were goin on there own the steering servos was going none stop steering full left then right then it would go back to center and be twitching like mad left and right, and the throttle servo was doing pretty much the same thing puting the breaks full on then giong to flat out then back to center and twitching like mad. i had just put a fail safe on b4 i went out so i took that of just incase it was that but it was still doing it so i changed the batteries again in transmitter and the buggy but still doing after that aswell tryed turning the transmitter of and leaving the buggy on an it still done it.

so i have no idea whats causing it if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

many thanks joneser :D

Sounds to me like someone nearby was using the same frequency as you. Try getting a spare set of crystals on a different band. Next time it happens change your crystals and see if it makes a difference.

Sounds like you might have interfearance, have you used the car in this area before? i used to have a problem down my road with this (not quite as bad as yours by the sound of it...) but the servos had a mind of there own. if you try the car somewhere else and it still happens then i have no idea........

move to 2.4ghz radio and have no problems at all! (apart from the large dent in your bank account) :lol:

i have used the buggy in this place b4 and it was fine i never thought of it being somone else on the same frequency as me will try it again now im home and see what it does. and i would love to get a 2.4ghz system but i cant afford it at the mo so got to try and sort out what ive got.

thanks joneser

right i tryed the buggy when i got home to see what it done and it was the same i cant work it out at all.

if i tirn the transmitter and buggy on then put the transmitter on the floor right next to the buggy everything is fine, i then picked the transmitter up and stood next to the buggy and the servos started twitching like mad none stop but i still had controll, i then moved about 6 feet away from the buggy and it had a mind of its own the steering goes full left then right then back again none stop and the throttle is goin open closed open none stop and i had no cantrol with transmitter. i then stood next to the buggy again and the servos went back to just twitching and i had control put the transmitter on the floor next to the buggy again and everuthiong is fine. its baffled the ****¹ out of me.

thanks joneser

right i tryed the buggy when i got home to see what it done and it was the same i cant work it out at all.

if i tirn the transmitter and buggy on then put the transmitter on the floor right next to the buggy everything is fine, i then picked the transmitter up and stood next to the buggy and the servos started twitching like mad none stop but i still had controll, i then moved about 6 feet away from the buggy and it had a mind of its own the steering goes full left then right then back again none stop and the throttle is goin open closed open none stop and i had no cantrol with transmitter. i then stood next to the buggy again and the servos went back to just twitching and i had control put the transmitter on the floor next to the buggy again and everuthiong is fine. its baffled the ****¹ out of me.

thanks joneser

just want to check... what did you turn on first, the car or the transmitter :D

just want to check... what did you turn on first, the car or the transmitter :D

ive tryed both ways but i usualy turn the transmitter on first cos the failsafe slams the breaks on if i turn the buggy on first but ive discinected the failsafe now just incase it was that causing it but it didnt make any difference.

thanks joneser

i have got some other crystals but will they work cos the ones in the buggy are 40mhz and the spare set are 28mhz or doesnt it matter

thanks joneser

cheers hyper

i have tryed the servos that were in my savage today but it still done the same so will check the rest now in a min an will have to order some new crystals cos the only others i have got are 27s not 40s like whats in the buggy

and if all else fails i will have to get myself the spektrum dx3 i think

thanks joneser

Edited by joneser

ok ive checked everything hyper said it mite be and all the wires are fine the arial cable is fine theres no water in the tx or rx and the servos are fine aswell so i take it must be the crystals.

so can i just buy any 40mhz fm crystals or do i need to get a curtain type.

many thanks joneser

Now Then,

Dont know if this has been said already but check the Batts in the receiver if your not using a cell pack.

My bro had cheap crap ones in his Savage and was doing the same thing.

He put some good quality batts in and it was fine! :D

ye put new bats in it mate good duracell and energisers and its still doing it ive also baught a new reciever aswell and that didnt sort it either