• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Servicing ?

Stoka

Right i'm in abit of a dilema.

I've sent my nitro RC off to a shop for a service & upgrade. Now this is a shop I've never had problems with before, their service is fantastic and they're always happy to help. But two weeks down the line after them reciving my RC they still "Haven't got time" to look at it. Should I be feeling peed off, afterall this is a service that I have paid for? :helpsmilie:

So does anyone know any other hobby shops that do a service like this?

Thanks!

Right i'm in abit of a dilema.

I've sent my nitro RC off to a shop for a service & upgrade. Now this is a shop I've never had problems with before, their service is fantastic and they're always happy to help. But two weeks down the line after them reciving my RC they still "Haven't got time" to look at it. Should I be feeling peed off, afterall this is a service that I have paid for? :helpsmilie:

So does anyone know any other hobby shops that do a service like this?

Thanks!

yeah id be getting a bit peed off by now if theyve had it for two weeks dont realy know what they do to service them but sure you could do it yourself

I think the answer is quite simple .... do it yourself!

The only way you can teach yourself how to do look after your car is to take the plunge and have a crack yourself ... you'll be amazed how good it feels once you've put it all back together AND you will save

You dont even need to spend much money on tools to service your car yourself. Theres a wealth of information on this forum and its full of friendly folk who would be more than happy to help you learn about your car. Go get your car and money back and we can help you get it sorted :) A good after-run procedure coupled with good tuning and cleaning will lengthen the life of your car and give you a good sense of achievement knowing you learned how to do it yourself.

Damo

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciated!

I'm not a noob when it comes to RC, I own several electric cars and I can strip them down, rebuild pretty easily. But when I lay my hands on a nitro, I can never seem to get it all back together. :rolleyes:

I'll give them a couple more days and if theres no result, I'll ask them to send it back. As you say, theres a wealth of knoledge on this forum and I don't know why I needed a shop in the first place :D

I was thinking the same. Due to work and the problem of my car will never run consistently I thought I might look into getting it 'sorted and serviced'..I dont mind paying for the privilage either. If it means when I find time to go out it works and I have a laugh then money well spent! Any places do this? I dont mind posting it out to be honest either.

Honestly mate half the fun of nitro is tinkering with them and learning about them and as the other lads said its a great feeling when you get it right, it takes time and practice but do your research take your time and you cant really get ti wrong mate! :good:

I know ideally it would be nice to learn from scratch-I did try but Im rubbish at this stuff. I have had the thing since early December and still not had a good run with it yet, that is why I wanted it looked at so I knew it was tuned and tweaked properly.