• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

whats the best electric buggy out?

tatey

thinking of getting into leccy racing as theres no nitro tracks round here so im gunna start racing leccy buggys and use my nitros for bashing just wondering what a good buggy would be for indoor racing?

for 4wd

if your into the top end stuff go for the tamiya trf501x.

but if you want something a bit cheaper go for the tamiya db-01 chassis. modelsport uk has them for about 130pounds.

Both of these are belt driven kits.

For two wheel drive go for the team associated rc10b4 or t4

for 4wd

if your into the top end stuff go for the tamiya trf501x.

but if you want something a bit cheaper go for the tamiya db-01 chassis. modelsport uk has them for about 130pounds.

Both of these are belt driven kits.

For two wheel drive go for the team associated rc10b4 or t4

Are you mad! lol

the 501x is a bag of S***

If your nwe to racing get a 2wd as 4wd is alot mroe mainternance As for 2wd's IMO the team losi xxx-cr is the best in the world

Its easy to drive

Its easy to maintain

It looks fantastic

And parts are cheap

the car to have

A

The re-released tamiya hotshot? ;) I heard they were good.

Yes, maybe but would a 20 year old design be competitive? I doubt it would cut it against modern day buggies on the track.

iv just got a durga and built it had a quick few races last night it my local club and im very impressed with it i find it alot easier to drive than my b4

for the money great piece of kit

iv just got a durga and built it had a quick few races last night it my local club and im very impressed with it i find it alot easier to drive than my b4

for the money great piece of kit

yeah i think they look like qwaility cars but did it really go better than your b4, because i thought that the b4 and the xxx-cr where the best offroad electrics on the market not forgeting the new b44 ofcourse which looks like a top car on the track

hiya well if im being honest i was a couple of laps down but that was expected considerg it was the first time the car had been run first time id driven it and the motor was ****¹ed no bottom end punch at all

apart from that i could beat the top driver from my local club round any corner although didnt dare give it any over the jumps lol didnt want to break it

Edited by andy_n

no it wasnt totally standard id put a cheapy old 17t motor in there which just didnt cut it and id put the smallest pinion on i had which wouldnt mesh up very nice so it was really tight, so ran really hot iv got it abit better this morning but i could do with a nice 27 turn or something pretty high turn really

apart from the motor totally how the manual tells you to set it up

all in all im chuffed what it was like for the cash

Edited by andy_n