• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

xrc 1/5 buggy any good?

nitroracerdan

hey guys, been looking at getting a petrol model for a while but being 14 i think its pretty imposible for me to save up for somthing like a baja, then i found the xrc buggy from nitrotek and i know that the models they sell somtimes arnt very good but i have seen lots of videos on you tube and its looks ok, but basicialy i just want to know if it will be ok for just driving around the field on? and has any one owned one before? also i dont mind if the odd cheap part breaks as i love fixing my cars :) also do you have to run these in? thanks.

Hmm, for that Id consider looking for a second hand Marder, simply because you know what youre getting.

Having said that, im lead to believe theres a fairly good parts backup for the XRC and f youre just running about in a field then I think itd be fine. Ive heard the spur gears are made of cheese but these can be upgraded cheaply. If you intend on jumping it about then I really dont think it will stand up to much abuse. All in all I believe theyre a good cheap intro into the world of petrol but youll probably end up wanting an FG or HPI soon.

Damo

yea ok well i wont be getting the money for a few months so i will have plenty of time to think it over i might also check on ebay for a second hand baja or something, also if anybody know's what they are like can they let me know thanks. :)

They're slower than a retard on Mogodon,the spur gears are crap and they are ugly as a mofo.If you want a petty cheap go for the Shenqi Bigfoot,its an exact copy of the Smartech Bigfoot and the quality is the same,most Marder parts will fit and Nitrotek offer a great parts service for this model too and its pretty fast out the box.Put a tuned pipe,performance air filter and an alloy gear carrier and they are great.... :good:

They're slower than a retard on Mogodon,the spur gears are crap and they are ugly as a mofo.If you want a petty cheap go for the Shenqi Bigfoot,its an exact copy of the Smartech Bigfoot and the quality is the same,most Marder parts will fit and Nitrotek offer a great parts service for this model too and its pretty fast out the box.Put a tuned pipe,performance air filter and an alloy gear carrier and they are great.... :good:

I totaly agree with Mr T.With the xrc buggyyou cant fit a different exhaust and thats what realy improve the speed of petrol cars.

is this the one you are talking about? if it is it looks good but i cant see how you can fit a pipe to it with out cutting the shell.

http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/ZCA1.htm

Heres the Baja Clone on Ebay.

Its inferior in many ways to the HPI tho, poor shocks & cheap servos for starters. Check out Youtube for vids of it, it looks better than the XRC which ive owned since last summer.... i wouldnt recommed the XRC, like Boze says they eat gears like gummy bears. Parts arent cheap from Nitrotek at all.... Ive payed