• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SS Pipe... Help needed....

Mrp

OK guys i need some direction on which pipe to get for my SS.

I have the HPI Tuned pipe but after hearing it on 2 of my mates cars im not even going to fit it and ill sell it on Ebay soon i reckon.... My main concern with any pipe is the noise.

But obviously i want the best performance i can get, but as quiet as possible.

Im leaning towards the DDM Dominator.

Am i right in saying theres rear and side mount versions of this pipe..?

If so which gives the bigger bang for your buck..?

Any other pipe i should consider, it really needs to be silenced though... i cant afford to pi$$ off the neighbours and lose access to this field.

Your helps appreciated.

Mrp ;)

ive hears the ss pipe and its loudddddd as hell but then a guy started his up and it was alot quieter he has an x can look for them on ebay around £50 or get a silenced jetpro a bit more expensive i think not sure how much more

ye if your looking for something silenced with an impressive performance gain go for something like the silenced jetpro or DDM pipe.

The rear Dom is loud aswell and i had to sell my side mount Dom because it wasnt as silenced as i thought it would be and i cant get used to the side mount look apart from the GBE side bleed pipe which is ment to be prity quiet.I have just got an RD Logics pipe for my baja and it is the quietest pipe i have had on my baja :D .I have had the x-can,rear dom and side mount but the RD Logics pipe lets me run it in london.£55 delivered from Python :good:

The rear Dom is loud aswell and i had to sell my side mount Dom because it wasnt as silenced as i thought it would be and i cant get used to the side mount look apart from the GBE side bleed pipe which is ment to be prity quiet.I have just got an RD Logics pipe for my baja and it is the quietest pipe i have had on my baja :D .I have had the x-can,rear dom and side mount but the RD Logics pipe lets me run it in london.£55 delivered from Python :good:

have you a pic of this pipe,or where can i get one,thanks

I dont have a camera so cant do pics.It looks like the hpi pipe but doesnt stick out at the back.I got mine from python on their ebay shop.If you go onto ebay you should be able to find one.If not then go to www.hpibajaforum.com and there is a link to python on the left hand side.

Thx for the info Martin.

How does the power compare to the stock...?

Mrp ;)

I havent had a chance to test it properly yet.Got the chance to take it out yesterday for the first time since fitting it.Loaded it up in the car,took it to some football pitches,warmed it up and was just about to dstart tuneing and the bloody battery died :o .The bottom end seemed a bit sluggish but that was at factory settings and like i say just as i went to tune it up that was it.On HBF it was makeing better power than the hpi tuned pipe on a dyno.Its not going to make as much power as a Dom but it doesnt make no where near as much noise.liveing in London there was no way i could run the baja with the Dom on but with the RD Logics pipe i should be ok :good: