• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How long does a fully charged glow plug starter last?

Switch

I have a 2100 NiMAH starter, no instructions on how long it takes to charge, but I'm guessing an hour or two?

Also how long have you guys found that they last for before needing charging again? (I realise to come extent that this is the same as asking how longs a peice of string, so asking for personal experience)

I'm looking to finally get my hyper out and about somewhere decent, and wont have access to a socket to charge it once out, and the above questions are the only things I dont know.

Cheers!

How the hell do you get a week out of yours??? Me and my mate have 3 starters between us and only managed 1 day!

thats why I asked about peoples experiences, simply because it depends on lots of different things, such as: how good the starter is quality wise, if the battery was conditioned correctly, hold old / how much use its had, if its been overcharged too mahy times, how often its used...like when running in its used a lot (mine is lol) cos of the constant fiddling and cutting out.

suddenly something so simple gets so complicated lol

as above can either last a week or a day or an hour, just depends how many times you use it, I usually just put it back on charge when I have used it.

Way I found best is to have two starters and at least 1 spare plug., then you can easily check your glow starter's charge if you start to struggle getting the engine running

Edited by munki

How the hell do you get a week out of yours??? Me and my mate have 3 starters between us and only managed 1 day!

I wouldn't have thought it unusual to get such a useage length outta it,

I use it all weekend, and then a few nights a week.

To be honest, my car is completely run in. It starts pretty much on the bull everytime providing its primed etc. I still can only get 1 day most out of mine and to be honest my day is usually cut short due to the glow starter being flat. I've since brought a spare batt for it from jespares which is a higher capacity, but i'm always getting connection issues etc.... I'm thinking about buying one which takes a 12v supply....