• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

PSP

Duff

sonypspmain.jpg

PSPfullset.jpg

PSPgame-Lumines-2.jpg

A game called puzzle x music

ad_1_b.JPG

de_1_b.JPG

I do think the in game shots will be better, hoping to get mine soon, you are able to pick them up pritty cheap atm.

Edited by Hawkeye

Can someone get me some in-game pictures from a PSP? Will they have the same sort of engine to the PS1?

first of all nick they don't have engines lol. The graphics on them are the same as the ps2

That is amazing - so what is limited on it? Say if I got GT4 would it be same graphics but less cars and tracks or something?

Also they do have an engine - every computer/game has what is called an engine on what it is run on, such as Doom 3 engine, Half-Life engine, Far Cry engine, GTA engine - it is the code that makes the game, graphics, physics, sound etc'. It might not be an actuall petrol engine, but thats what hey call it. ;)

Basically the graphics engine is the same as the ps2 although there is plans to bring some pc game s on to it. But as with sony it will mainly be new games just for that, gt4 is going to be realeased on it according to sony. The processing power of it is alot more than the DS or any hand hold console atm

Must be a catch though - surely something that big couldn't be as good as the PS2? Graphics are same but can it process and remember things aswell?

I am still wondering if they bring out GT4 for it - will it be exact? Must be less cars/tracks or something - or just an Arcade version.

the graphics are on par with the ps2 if not better, but theres probs, sony being sony made some design errors - the screen are too exspensive so they'll cost around £180 to buy and sony will be selling them at a loss, my bros psp over heats, the batt only lasts about 4 hours and the most stupidest thing is that you have to hold it upright cos the disc falls out if you tip it up,even while your playing it.

oh yeh the analog stick interferes with the pixels on screen cos its too closes - good old sony!

It won't wipe the floor with the ds, delayed release,bad design and cost. The mighty sony can't rely on its name this time - remember the psx?? maybe you don't thats becos it only sold about 4 in japan,the machine did'nt work and barly played dvds.

I thought the psx was a nickname for the playstation one  ;)  Have you got any pics of the psx?

the psx was sony's grand design to blow everything console out of the water. It was a white box that was designed to be the ultimate home console - its played dvds,ps2 games and had a hardrive in it. You could store pics etc on it,go online etc. It was crap,badly designed and out of the very few that were sold none of them actually worked! it would play the games but thats about it. more software was needed to get it to play dvds or even to turn it on in some cases. and to make matters worse it cost £400!

you'd think sony would learn the name is'nt everything

well I always used to be a sega boy until they went bust  ;)

Sega were excellent,I loved the sega and nintendo battle of the 90's,until sony stepped in and ruined the market with the endless releases of rubbish.

The dreamcast was released to early which id why it flopped, the console was more than capable of running arcade perfect conversions of games but everyone was sucked into the ps2 hype. Sony were showing us scenes from the at the time unreleased film final fantasy,claiming they were ps2 graphics! (yeh right) so most holded out and what did the get....tekken :D and the the awlful loading times

not me I bought a dreamcast

I remeber sony did a "Mini-PS1" ages ago, it was tiny! That failed too, failed so bad I can't even remember the name for it. Anyone know?

Was black & white too I think...

It was called a PSone, smaller scaled down cheaper version of the PS,just like the slimline ps2 now - its to save money

I remeber sony did a "Mini-PS1" ages ago, it was tiny! That failed too, failed so bad I can't even remember the name for it. Anyone know?

Was black & white too I think...

That did'nt fail (if were talking about the same thing!) it was quite a sucess and kept ps1

games alive! Is this what your talking about http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...8181138716&rd=1

same here and im still a proud owner of it :P Iv also got a master system and game gear beat that  :)

(soz i kinda did a double post there  :P )

master system

nes

7 gamegears (jap limeted editions)

snes

megadrive

xbox -all colours and versions

cube all colours and metal gear verion

ps2 all colours including aqua blue and sege outrun gold

msx

pc engine and drives

neo geo

neo geo cd

pocket neogeo

virtua boy

too many to mention I'm a collector and sad

master system

nes

7 gamegears (jap limeted editions)

snes

megadrive

xbox -all colours and versions

cube all colours and metal gear verion

ps2 all colours including aqua blue and sege outrun gold

msx

pc engine and drives

neo geo

neo geo cd

pocket neogeo

virtua boy

too many to mention I'm a collector and sad

Hmmm i think you have got more than me!

Iv got:

2 atari consoles

Game com

Orginal gameboy

Gameboy colour

Gameboy sp

Gamegear (with tv card and sonic triple trouble)

Sega Dreamcast

Sega Mastersystem

Sony Playstation

Sony ps2

and thats it :P