• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

look what postie bought me this morning

rustybasher

i got woken up this morning by a loud knock on my door to be greeted by a huge box being thrust into my arms by a somewhat wet postie :lol: but anyways i rapidly opend the box to reveal that it was my mini lst2 i had orderd from mim for£118 :good: heres some pics i took of it and one after i had used it :lol: nice and muddy lol

100_1443.jpg

100_1445.jpg

100_1454.jpg

100_1448.jpg

i have to say im impressed on how it goes ^_^ it seems to drive over everything with ease altho it can roll very easy some stiffer spring will fix that as i read in an earlyer thread someon had same prob. the run time isnt too bad with the stock 1100mah pack i got about 10 mins from it but a better mah one or even lipo will cure that .

steve :good:

Edited by rustybasher

Looks very nice mate :good: .I got my mini monster baja yesterday but dont have a plug adapter to charge the lipo <_< .I put a 1100 battery in amd was impressed and i have now seen a 1600 7.2v one.I am thinking about getting the insane motors to go with the 1600 battery :good: .One thing i mustsay i think that Losi box these things up realy nice.

Looks very nice mate :good: .I got my mini monster baja yesterday but dont have a plug adapter to charge the lipo <_< .I put a 1100 battery in amd was impressed and i have now seen a 1600 7.2v one.I am thinking about getting the insane motors to go with the 1600 battery :good: .One thing i mustsay i think that Losi box these things up realy nice.

yea i have to agree it was boxed up really well :) im gonna go for that pack too mate if u have a link? ^_^ im gonna fit 2 reedy mini max motors in i think as the one i got in my mini t makes it fly and they have loads of torque :good:

Cool,I want one in silver or the Raminator.Nice to see you got it ****²ted up straight away fella.... :good:

:lol: haha yea i kno i couldnt resist it lol i was gonna buy the raminator but saw the lst2 on mim for cheap soo got that. they are identical just for one less motor and shell and wheels i think anyway :unsure: soo could always buy a shell and wheel set to make it into one :whistling:. i wanted the red lst but got the blue lol oh well can jus go with the blue revo and blue pede :lol:

I dont have a link to the battery as i only saw it in a mag at work today so havent had a chance to find a shop that has them yet.The battery is a Team Orion,Supercharge 1600 7.2v 4x2 and the item number is ORI13024 but thats from a u.s mag so the part number may not be the same over here.I will try to track one down over here if i have any luck i will let you know :good: .

I dont have a link to the battery as i only saw it in a mag at work today so havent had a chance to find a shop that has them yet.The battery is a Team Orion,Supercharge 1600 7.2v 4x2 and the item number is ORI13024 but thats from a u.s mag so the part number may not be the same over here.I will try to track one down over here if i have any luck i will let you know :good: .

sweet cheers mate :good: gd job i got my mini t pack too so i got two packs :lol:

Rite now i am going to sound stupid as i am a nitro and petrol guy and dont know much(read nothing)about electrics :blush: .What is the difference between a mah battery and a ni-mh battery?The one you mention matrix is a 1400mah?

Rite now i am going to sound stupid as i am a nitro and petrol guy and dont know much(read nothing)about electrics :blush: .What is the difference between a mah battery and a ni-mh battery?The one you mention matrix is a 1400mah?

Nor am I electric wise, but a "Mah" battery, the Mah is the capacity, the higher the better I think. And the Ni-Mh is the type.

Google it and Wiki comes up.

Nice truck Steve anyway :)

Edited by ben_rc

I would avoid buying from podium rc at all costs. Also you could buy two 1400mah batteries for less then what that one pack would cost.

Just wondered what's wrong with Podium RC?

here i found this on ebay :D i kno its not in the uk but its better than nothing :good: i might invest in one soon ^_^

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORION-SUPERCHARGE-7-...8QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by rustybasher

Thanks for the link to the batery :good: .I will get one soon aswell but have to wait for payday to come round again :P

no problem mate ^_^ im gonna have to wait too lmao because theres a few more things on there that i want other than the battery :lol::whistling:

Same here :) .I got my jp3 and a few other hellfire parts from hop me and didnt get charged any tax.When i order my lst stuff i will go for a battery,carbon chassi and if i can decide what motors to go for i will get them aswell :good:

Same here :) .I got my jp3 and a few other hellfire parts from hop me and didnt get charged any tax.When i order my lst stuff i will go for a battery,carbon chassi and if i can decide what motors to go for i will get them aswell :good:

oo yea that sounds brill makes getting the lst hopped up less painfull on my wallet :lol: im after the battery,red alu chassis and some new wheels. and the chevvy shell ^_^ and on the motor front i wanna fit two of these as i have one in my mini t and its great :Dhttp://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...mp;ItemID=20809

I mite just be lucky on the tax stuff as i have never been charged on anything i have bought abroad.I mite of just tempted fait tho :P .That motor looks good.Will they deffinatley fit in the lst?I think the mini t and rc18 have smaller canned motors than the lst.The lst's are 370's and i think the others are 280's or thereabouts?I like the red ali chassi but i dont bash to hard so i think i will take a chance on the carbon :D .I mite gor some different springs.Especialy on the front.It feels very soft.

I mite just be lucky on the tax stuff as i have never been charged on anything i have bought abroad.I mite of just tempted fait tho :P .That motor looks good.Will they deffinatley fit in the lst?I think the mini t and rc18 have smaller canned motors than the lst.The lst's are 370's and i think the others are 280's or thereabouts?I like the red ali chassi but i dont bash to hard so i think i will take a chance on the carbon :D .I mite gor some different springs.Especialy on the front.It feels very soft.

yea they are great! im not sure for deffinate but i will take out my mini t one and test fit it in the lst in a min ^_^ as the motor has 2 diff size mounting holes 2 i will get some pics and stuff and let you kno :good: ahh yea id love carbon one but i would trash it in no time :whistling: i saw the integy shocks they came with a few spring rates but i been told the shocks tend to fail :shockingscary:

It will be good to know if the motor fits ok.I had a quick look on www.one18th.com at the mini lst motor section and god talk about confuse yourself,everyone has a different opinion :helpsmilie::P .Some say the insanes are great,some say they arnt.Loads say brushless but then loads have had problems with them.I was originaly thinking about going brushless but deffinatley staying brushed now.From what it sounds like if you go brushless you realy want to use lipo batteries and i am not to keen on them.Nearly had 2 blow up a couple of years ago with a heli i had so iwill stay with the ni-mh's :good: .

It will be good to know if the motor fits ok.I had a quick look on www.one18th.com at the mini lst motor section and god talk about confuse yourself,everyone has a different opinion :helpsmilie::P .Some say the insanes are great,some say they arnt.Loads say brushless but then loads have had problems with them.I was originaly thinking about going brushless but deffinatley staying brushed now.From what it sounds like if you go brushless you realy want to use lipo batteries and i am not to keen on them.Nearly had 2 blow up a couple of years ago with a heli i had so iwill stay with the ni-mh's :good: .

yea im just about to go get the motor out of the mini t and see if it fits ive had a quick look and im pretty sure it will :D hmm yea i am very unsure about lipo batts i have one for my mini t and mamba set up but im not fitting it yet till i get some alu arms lol but still very nervious about charging the lipo :unsure: im happy with nimh batts as they can take a beating ^_^ plus if my lst went up in flames id be gutted :shockingscary:

It's my house going up in flames i am worried about :P .

:lol: yea i wouldnt cus my mrs already said that id have to charge it up outside or somthing cus knowing my luck they would blow :whistling: she dnt even like it in the house now uncharged and unopend :rolleyes: