• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

help 4 hyper 7

olly

hi

im going for the fisrt drive in the break in process and its not starting well it started then went for about 5 seconds and then stalled and i cant start it now after that but i think its flooded but when i take the glow pleg out and pulled it when it is upside down on its side normal way up and after that it still dosent start ive read the noob FAQ and it dosent say anything about all that and is there anything wrong im doing?????????????

it is set abit rich (for run-in)

olly

hi

im going for the fisrt drive in the break in process and its not starting well it started then went for about 5 seconds and then stalled and i cant start it now after that but i think its flooded but when i take the glow pleg out and pulled it when it is upside down on its side normal way up and after that it still dosent start ive read the noob FAQ and it dosent say anything about all that and is there anything wrong im doing?????????????

olly

I have found heating the engine with a hairdryer til the engine is hot to the touch, loosening the glo-plug and giving several pulls does the trick, the only downside is the ****¹ing blisters!!!

No seriously try these things, i have done it everytime i have started my Hyper (6 tanks) and have never had any problems getting it started. :whistling:

I didn't bother with the hair dryer thing.....

Just make sure your on the factory base settings on the carb, make sure your glow plug is working and very hot and make sure you open the throttle slightly with the trim on the controller. Make sure engine is primed (but not too much so its flooded or it wont start) then when it starts let it run for a min or so at the higher rpm from the trim you set before slowly backing it off. If it stalls it should start easier this time, then you can play with the idle screw to make sure it dont stall....

Remember its so rich at this stage that you can't press the throttle trigger much before it floods and stalls and as said above you end up with loads of cuts and bruises lmao.

hi

olly

Hi I'm a fellow :newbie: with the same car, so Read my prevous post in introductions and welcomes for some of my Q's and answers to them.

I'd check the glow starter to see if there is life in it, then I'd check the glow plug and make sure its not fouled up.

Then I'd empty the engine and tip it to one side to make sure the engine isn't flooded.

Then put your clean glow plug all the way in, the turn it back one rotation. get the fuel back into the engine.

And start as normal.

And DON'T force the starter as you'll end up snapping it!! just as I did :)

try removing glow plug turn hyper upside down and pulling the pull start a few times .. you should see the excess fuel come out.

then make sure your you have no air bubbles in the fuel line to the carb... (i did this by removing tube from exhaust and from the carb

then blow from exhaust end when you have fuel come out the carb end replace the tubes) put glow plug back in then the engine should be primed.

i am no expert but had the same probs with my hyper and this sorted it.

hope this is some help.