• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

T15FE advice please

mike hayward

Hi there

compression on a 15FE, with finger over glow plug hole and pull the start cord what sort of compression should you expect? enough to push past your finger?

what about if i pull the cord would the compression almost lift the car without holding it down?

i think mine might be low

cheers

mike

put the glow plug in, and pull it over a few times, if its got good compression(needs a good yank to turn over) then your ok, if it turns over really easy with the glowplug still in its time for new piston/liner or new engine, (sort of like having the plug out but bit harder)

if you pull the car and it just turns over and doesn't lift up i'd suggest the new parts i said obove.

how many gallons you had through it?

it will pull over very easy dont get a new p/s unless it runs bad aswell and is showing typical symptoms of a lack of compression. i also have the t15 and unless it has allot of fuel in the cylinder i can turn it over without the truck lifting and it runs fine.

dont forget i am new to this!!

well i have the engine here by my keyboard, tried to run car again earlier and it would start eventully but after about 10 foot up the road went to turn so dropped off rpm and bummfff it stopped got it running again after swapping for a different glow plug and up the road slow and bummff again stopped.

it drives opk but it doesn't seem to want to stay running

i am sat here now with engine in hand throttle wide open and i can turn the fly wheel with minimal effort.

want to take head off but damn screws is tight!!!

mike