• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

why do you need a...

olly

Stronger servos are generall used for the steering monster trucks that have a fair weight to move. mostly the best ones have metal gearing inside

i have a hyper 7 tq sport and im going to the model shop is their any speicial kind of servo that i should get for that kind cos i dont want to have ago and then it all breaks after a few tanks

any ideas

olly

Not really mate most servos are the same size part form the mini ones for aircraft and such. If you just tell the person at the shop what you have they will point you in the right direction., But for a decent one your looking around 20 - 30 quid

i have a hyper 7 tq sport and im going to the model shop is their any speicial kind of servo that i should get for that kind cos i dont want to have ago and then it all breaks after a few tanks

any ideas

olly

Have you drove this car yet.

Have a look for a Tower Pro MG995 servo for the steering,they're about the best value for money.... :good:

Think i will take your advice there aswell I need a new one for the Madforce and the EB4

I'd say run it first, before spending more dosh on the car. The price of a servo could be a gallon and a half of fuel, which will keep you happy for a while.

The stock steering servo is weak, but it's enough to turn the buggy around when it's rolling, it'll have less resistance to turn the wheels.

If you're planning to race the buggy, ignore what I've just said and go get a better servo :P

Yeah I hate the stock servo on my Lightning stadium from Hot Bodies. Upgrading it to one of the best steering servos money can buy, the ACE DS1015. Its £58.99 but should come in handy for all the heavy bashing I do. That with a hump pack and failsafe and then my car is exactly the way I want it.

Also, whereabouts in West Yorkshire are you? Im in Wakefield.