• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

York Bash

kevinb456

I will be there thanks to waz with my brand new shiney savage (not for long.lol)

Does anyone want to sell a spare on used shell i can use for jumping because i dont want to ruin this one?

It's Momin or the ramp, what do we need? lol

Ramp takes up the whole boot and rear seat space. Put a little sandpaper at the top for extra traction, works a treat :D

Your welcome to come Momin, on one condition, your car is sorted before the bash, by that I mean ALL electrics in the car, sorted, and you have at least tried to start it up.

Just have everything to make it RTR.

well imran will have his whole car there, could probably open up the bonnet and attach your charger, im sure it wouldnt flatten it? i dont really know, i would presume it would be okay. got to be able to start the car again at the end lol!!

Doubt he'd let you if he wouldn't let me :D It's a diesel so it uses alot of electricity to get it started.

Nick get yourself down to your local supermarket, and a 2 amp, 12V battery will cost you £2.50.

Anyone know where I can get some good quality 25% in York (can anyone bring some, which I can purchase from them), or does anyonw know a decent shop closer to me in Huddersfield than Modelsport?

Thanks

LHS in York is RUBBISH - wouldn't count on that.

Is that a joke about the 12v batteries from the supermarket? The red cube ones just smaller than a can? How many would I need? I guess I would have to charge at 2A too.

a car 12v battery pushes 60amps

the one you are on about pushes 2amp

difference is the 58 amps thats used by the charger to conver and run the electronics

a cheap leisure cell would be a car starter unit thes have jump leads connected and some come with a tv ciggy lighter socket (same as in car) these things start at £20 up to £100 and will run your charger check out argos and index catalouges first to see what your are aiming to get price and quality wise :)

my self has a starter pack for a 1.1 but havent used it yet anyone know if a varipulse pro peak can use a ciggy lighter socket if io mod a male conector to the live and earth on rear of charger ? am willing to risk fire,burnt house,pack explode just to see if it will work for the sake of us ep truck cell users :D

sorry for the offtopic

TC

Predator

I believe it is the 3rd April.

See my posts at the bottom of page 1 of this topic for photos and links for directions....

PM me for more directions if required....

Chris

Predator

I believe it is the 3rd April.

See my posts at the bottom of page 1 of this topic for photos and links for directions....

PM me for more directions if required....

Chris

chris

yes i know where it is only 10mins from where i live

darryl

can we get back on topic and away from car batteries please :)

however if anyone does have a car/leasure battery then please bring it along, im sure it will be used.

so the date is final - 3rd april at 10am. if you know anyone who might want to come then ask them and spread the word!

also if anyone has any ramps, then please also bring them.