• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

York Bash

kevinb456

If i remember correctly this bash was going to be on the 27th this month. since all the posts have been deleted, and i cant remember much more, can the rest of you guys fill the details in! i cant even remember the other people who were going to come. can you post here and let me know if you are still wanting to come. could you also post directions to the area again, and anything else of importance that got deleted. sorry i cant really remember much! hopefully this bash can still go ahead.

UPDATE:

york bash is now being organised for the 3rd april (sunday) at a bmx track on york ring road. It will start at 10am at finish whenever we all want to on the day. pictures and directions are further down in this thread, kindly posted by chris.

people coming so far:

kev - LST

Nick - Emaxx

Phil - Tmaxx, Others?

Waz - Savage 4.6

Imran (Waz's Bro) - LST

Momin - Savage 4.6

Chris - Savage

predator - watching? or bringing your buggy?

AMB - Hyper 7 PBS

UPDATE #2:

This bash has now taken place, so this thread is just here for discussing what happened on the day. hopefully pictures/video will be up soon!

Another york bash is being organised at the moment. see this thread for all the latest details: http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3469

Edited by kevinb456

well my postcode is YO31 1EB

the bashing spot is about 4miles north of me on the york ring-road. sorry i dont know the exact location, as the old topic has been deleted. just use my post code as a rough-guide for the distance.

hopefully waz and his brother will be coming with their savage and LST.

im trying to get in contact with the guys who originally organised the bash to get hte directions and pictures back up again <_<

well my postcode is YO31 1EB

the bashing spot is about 4miles north of me on the york ring-road. sorry i dont know the exact location, as the old topic has been deleted. just use my post code as a rough-guide for the distance.

hopefully waz and his brother will be coming with their savage and LST.

im trying to get in contact with the guys who originally organised the bash to get hte directions and pictures back up again :o

Cheers Kev.

It does not leave much time to actuly arrange anything does it so would it be any better to have it on the 3RD.

Gives everybody alot more time to arrange everything for the bash.

<_<

Hi chaps,

Sorry but I'm gonna have to put things back a week or two. :o

My dad went into hospital just over a week ago with a heartattack, so I am unable to commit to anything for this weekend, as I will probably have to travel back to Preston again.

I would have let you all know a bit earlier but with the forum being down until tonight there was no way of letting you guys know.

How does the 9th or 10th April sound ? <_< After school hols etc...

Chris

PS. If you guys want to go ahead without me this weekend, no problem. I can send you instructions. If I end up being in York on the Saturday, I can always meet up there. Weather forcast looks ok (a bit overcast).... B)

Edited by mrc and trout

mrc and trout - thanks for the info, sorry about your dad, obviously you have to have priorities. could you post instructions here and also those pictures again that you posted last time.

do you guys still want to try and organise it for this weekend?

EDIT: 10th april i cant do. 9th april - could do, but would prefer earlier if possible.

Edited by kevinb456

B) sorry lads cant do this weekend now as i have to get my suit fitted for my best man duty's,so will have to pull out this time but still well up for a meet if we can make another date soon :o<_<

Sorry - can't find the post code !

It is here though -

Map 1

See where where the Millfield Lane goes under the A1237 on the map, the BMX track is just to the left before you gou under the A1237.

Map 2

It is in the area between the roads and the train track -

Map 3 - Closeup

There is a Petrol station (now Co-Operative owned) that we could use to meet up at? It's less than 3 minutes from there (walking!) <_<

Chris

So we know where we are going.

Can I find out who and when we are going please?

Kev

Nick

Waz (and Brother)

Phil

Chris

...and 27rd is not going ahead?

We have 26th, 2nd and 3rd, up coming weekends. Ideas?

I'm up for a futre bash but I would prefer the 27th to go ahead. I work on a Saturday so I'd have to give a few weeks notice if it was arranged on a Saturday. So we have 6 people so far. Which Chris is this? Can't you persuade anyone else to come along Nick? You people that live in York better be bringing all your cars!

That BMX track does look sweet.

MRC and Trout, very sorry to hear about your father. Get visiting him!

Thanks

im still alright with the 27th.

i also know 2 other people from RCU forum that live in york (well, selby) any they were going to come to the bash when it was being arranged before, so im sure they will still want to come.

maybe 3rd would be best now looking at it. we dont have much time to arrange, not many people have actually replied to this thread saying if they are going or not.

plus i have no fuel left, waz only has 1/2 gallon between 2 trucks. i also need to get titanium turnbuckles because the stock ones have bent and i just cannot stear the truck now, the turning radius is really bad!

an extra week will give us all (and me) time to get our trucks ready and get as many people going as possible.

yes, there is an LHS. no the best though, and they stock quite low % of fuel. they have model technics and o'donnels, but last i checked they only have 10% odonnels!!! i think 16% is the highest they have lol!

its in the centre of town, so about 3 miles or so from the bash location.

oh... and ive broke my lst, need alot of parts ;)

Edited by kevinb456

oh... and ive broke my lst, need alot of parts  :P

Kev what have you done now.

Was this anything to do with the Steering by any chance?

I should be fine with the 3RD.

Thanks.

Philip.

well ive explained in the PM phil, only one small thing a actually broke, but there are several other things which are semi-broken lol, but are not essential.

so ill probably be running on the 3rd (although i havnmt got much fuel left).

so the bash is now going to be organised for the 3rd by the looks of it. can everyone whos interested look at the pictures, directions and let us all know whether you can come or not. i would like to get a list of people coming.

Edited by kevinb456