• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

absolutely #@$%

lawton90

just got back from an awsome new place i found to bash ^_^ but was cut short when i could hear some noises from the car, drove it a little closer and killed the engine strait away. got back to the car, took the pull start unit off and..... ma worst fears confirmed, take a look at the pics:

dsc00450go3.th.jpg

:(

guess ya can see whats coming now.....

dsc00448dh1.th.jpg

:o:o:o

half hour of bashing and at the work bench again :wacko:

sorry, didnt mean to post twice,

i was running on gravel and sticky mud so i think a pebble or something has got threw the little slits on the pullstart cover and hey presto,

i havent tryed running it now ive taken the fins out because i should imagine evan at low rpm there will be alot of vibration and could do some seriose danage to the rest of the engine.

for the sake of a few quid for a pull start cover, probably gona cost alot more now lol

has any one else seen anythin like this happen before???

Edited by lawton90

iv not seen it on a fg but on my pit bike when the chain came off it smashed through the engine casing same sort of thing really that snapped the stator thing off but managed to get some jb weld it lmao

shunt be that bad there only for circulating air if its just the fins that have broken

rok, yer its for the cooling, curcilates air threw the fins on the head

andy: funnt you should mention pit bikes :P:insane: i was actualy draging a pit bike/crosser thing (and winning :loser: ) till i had to turn around and limp back :bye2::boohoo:

i know they only circulate the air but its like the flywheel thing to aint it? and these engine's rmp alot higher than a pit bike :)

Edited by lawton90

erm questionable they dont rev that high at the end of the day there only like a chainsaw engine

they dont rev like a proper 2 stroke engine lol

my scooter probably revs higher (only cos its tuned and does 60 )

lol

up to you really i mean it might put bit more strain on the crank bearings but i dunno cos iv never really messed with one of them engines just going on when my brother had his fg

Wouldn't run it, it's MEGA unbalanaced now.

Flywheels aren't that expensive are they? I know my mini dirt bikes 49cc flywheel is only a fiver or something and it's twice the size.

EDIT: 24.99 from MS, not too bad, but it's still 25 quid out of your wallet.

Unlucky though, hope it doesn't happen again.

Edited by Fat Pants