• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

:( its happened again

hpi mt2 spx

well its happend agen it two ways this is my second dud failsafe. bought this one of a guy on this very forum first tried it on my MT2 worked first time then once it got turned off then back on the next day it wrecked my reciever not working at all. i didnt know it was the failsafe thought it was a 1 off

now come to install it on my savage X works the first time turn it on then off and its done the same again this shows its the failsafe :( very disapointed

now i have to fork out for another failsafe and another reciever which could have been avoided if the guy i bought it off just told me the truth :angry:

M-Troniks? :lol:

Fastrax failsafes seem to go unknown of how they work... people get and no reviews....

Venom - work fine for a while then go dodgey (one or 2 cases)

Mtroniks if it works it works - if it dont it dont....

Spektrum is slow but works! but its built in :(

Ziggy

the first was a m-tronics it just didnt work always jittering and on full throttle activated

the second is a Mirage fail-safe thats what has caused me the most hastle. :( i just think it could have easily been avouded if the person who sold it to me was honest :(

I had a jittery problem where i would set WOT - and the failsafe would just kick in, speed drops, so it releases throttle, so i speed up and its a circle, u end up limping it back in

I ended up doing all sorts

Changing crystals

Insulating

moveing electronics etc etc

Cause it was getting interferance still, metal on metal or Envrioment, i cant say really...

But make sure cables that can avoid been near the engine are avoided :)

Ziggy

the first was a m-tronics it just didnt work always jittering and on full throttle activated

the second is a Mirage fail-safe thats what has caused me the most hastle. :( i just think it could have easily been avouded if the person who sold it to me was honest :(

ahh so its not just me that has serious gripes with a stupid :angry: mirage failsafe!! i bought mine new! and it keeps putting the brakes on when i try to get to full whack it only does it for a second but thats enogh to stop the truck and seriously ****** me off! :shockingscary:

Problems with Radio gear is an endless task of route finding...

Most times doing several things at once is the best solution... like insulating etc To try and sort the problem

Most people on 27mhz tho have problems its a common frequency...

Most cheap cars and stuff

Only way to avoid the most of it is to go 40mhz + failsafe or Spekky

but dont get me wrong, im running the rush on 27mhz and soo far no problems....

But i''ve had them in the past with it....

Ziggy

Spekky's are expensive i'm affraid But WELL worth it!

u cud go buy a 40mhz Set and when u get enough ££ u can buy a spektrum attachment for it

Now i cant remember what the Upgradable 40mhz ones are sum1 else will have to tell u that

But that is a possible option

:)

Ziggy

ive just set up my throttle and brake, but when i turn off the transmitter the failsafe works by opening the throttle and not putting on the brake(its like its turning the wrong way), but if the control was on, and i wanted to brake it works fine,and the throttle closes..

Theres a little screw on my failsafe, what does this do, does it mean u can set the pressure of the failsafe once the control is outta range..

i'll get a vid if it helps ??

Mike

ive just set up my throttle and brake, but when i turn off the transmitter the failsafe works by opening the throttle and not putting on the brake(its like its turning the wrong way), but if the control was on, and i wanted to brake it works fine,and the throttle closes..

Theres a little screw on my failsafe, what does this do, does it mean u can set the pressure of the failsafe once the control is outta range..

i'll get a vid if it helps ??

Mike

yes ur failsafe is not set-up properly

It need to close to idle or apply brakes :)

Lets not Hi-jack topics - make your own

Ziggy