• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Diff Oil

Hyper RIB

Advice please

What level is best to fill the diff casing when changing the oil? I have been told to fill um right up and also been told that you fill them up to the cross pins only.

Also is 30k weight oil a bit too thick for a center diff?

Ta Rob

RC Cars: Ho-Boa Hyper 7 .28

:P also his name kinda give a little clue :D

When i replaced my diffs i filled it up as far as i could, enough that it completly coveres all the gears.

I used 30k in my savage rear diffs, im not really sure what weight is recommended for center diffs on a hyper though sorry

Edited by Danny-B-

Cosie told me a couple of years back to fill hyper diffs.

fill the diff with oil till the level reaches the top of the 4 gears on the cross pins..youll see what i mean when you open the diff up. then bolt the diff together. then undo the grub screw on the side of the diff case and then grab both outdrives and spin the diff about. a bit of oil will come out, and then no more. once that dribble of oil has come out put the grub screw back in and there you are. a nicely filled diff.

from This thread

30k is far to much for the center. Would be fine for shock oil though.

Cosie told me a couple of years back to fill hyper diffs.

from This thread

30k is far to much for the center. Would be fine for shock oil though.

Thanks guys. Have filled them to the top and will leave them over night, will proberbly find oil all over the floor tomorrow morning :whistling: