• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Damage

Lo-couk

Last weekend I took my Truggy for a blast round the football field, I finished the the blast with a bash. I hit a goalpost with the backend which pulled out a rear driveshaft. I've searched all week for it in vein and had no luck. I know I'll need a hell of alot of luck because it's akin to a needle in a haystack!

Being 4WD would it do any damage to components to run around with 3WD?

Last weekend I took my Truggy for a blast round the football field, I finished the the blast with a bash. I hit a goalpost with the backend which pulled out a rear driveshaft. I've searched all week for it in vein and had no luck. I know I'll need a hell of alot of luck because it's akin to a needle in a haystack!

Being 4WD would it do any damage to components to run around with 3WD?

Unless you have limited slip diff's you wont be going any where as the wheel with no drive shaft will have no load and it will just spin with no drive going to the other wheels.

Beaten to it :D The damage will be to the engine over revving. The planetary gears will also be doing stupid revs.

I had a flash of inspiration, I stuck some nails in a broom and put stuck neodymium magnets (7 of em) on the nail heads. I then did a sweep of the crash area, and (Hey bloody hell whats goin on presto) it picked up my lost shaft. 4WD, here's hitting the field again.

Edited by Lo-couk

If needed you could run that Ax 2wd! I had one and for an age it was running 2wd without me realising!!lol

Thanx for the info Rich, I found my "shaft" in around 15 Min's of creating and using my magnetic broom. It had grass wrapped around it an was extremely well camouflaged. I'm thinking I'll order more neodymium magnets and make a meter long broom, so far it's been great for finding that bit and saved some £'s to the Mrs's relie :ballons: f...

i knew instantly when i lost my rear wheel drive on my hyper

The engines revs just jumped form low to high just like that

i was reduced to front wheel only

Even tho i have centre diff - it was sending 20% front and 80% rear

And as a result it was very sluggish

I think RusselRevo (G4) did once have a 3 wheeled Revo?

I think his was okay except the missing wheel side kept dragging on the floor?

Ziggy

So when it come to FWD or RWD whats best when it comes down to bashing? I guess on tarmac RWD is the one to go failing 4wd.. My ATX is kinda sluggish on acceleration, i've been tweaking the fuel mix without much change There's an Idle screw which I've left alone and another which I've been tweaking slightly too.

So when it come to FWD or RWD whats best when it comes down to bashing? I guess on tarmac RWD is the one to go failing 4wd.. My ATX is kinda sluggish on acceleration, i've been tweaking the fuel mix without much change There's an Idle screw which I've left alone and another which I've been tweaking slightly too.

Tbh mate

FWD is poo

The car understeers terribly and alsorts

RWD as it oversteers which is alot more fun :)

Ziggy

Atx are a bit sluggish on accelaration mainly cos of how heavy they are! Their solid and take some breaking but their bloody heavy!! I think my Hypers lighter!!

It might be solid and heavy, but the suspension bolts on mine seemed to be rather.. "flexable" shall we say! Mind you, saying that when I bought it I didn't give it a propper going over to make sure everything was tight, hence the rear driveshaft going AWOL. Well, it's all tight and shipshape now...