• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cameras with a phone on it

RichB

Just been told we are all getting Sont Ericsson K800i's at work. Got a 3.2meg camera and a flash. Camera phone??? I dont think so. More like a phone camera! Anyone got one/what do you use?

Don't be fooled by the mega pixels. The quality will still probably suck, bad focus, blurry and distorted weak colours. :confused:

Yup - they SE are upset by the slightest movement....

The max setting i have on my s700i (1.3mp) is blury as hell - its over stretched - i have to reduce its size to make it sorta decent

Ziggy

used to have a k800i, very nice phone indeed. the cam is great too.

also had a p990i, that had a 1.3meg cam and tbh, thats one of the best cam phones ive had, its decent for pics and also very good for videos, buth can be blown up to almost 17" fullscreen and not look pixelated in any way... but then it is a smart phone :P

ive got the sonyericsson and DAM good cam as its very clear. but dont get the K800i now as its old and weill be outdated so wait till the new K850I is out and has a 5Mega pix cam and well trust me when they say cam related stuff they mean it but if it dont they they will blur out. so only get what youve seen and dont judge it by the pic in the screen put it on the pc and then blow it to the original size and judge it from there.

Ive got a nokia n70 and it has a 2mega pixel camera, but the pics are much brighter, clearer and only slightly smaller than the ones taken on my 3.2 megapixel camera, which has now been demoted to on board camera :P

ive got the sonyericsson and DAM good cam as its very clear. but dont get the K800i now as its old and weill be outdated so wait till the new K850I is out and has a 5Mega pix cam and well trust me when they say cam related stuff they mean it but if it dont they they will blur out. so only get what youve seen and dont judge it by the pic in the screen put it on the pc and then blow it to the original size and judge it from there.

or if you cant wait get the k810i, not sure what the differences are though

just a diffrent keys and one added feture in the cam wich was pointless. i suggest to wait on the k850i :good:

i wouldn't bother if you like to text a lot, the buttons are a bit hard to text with :)

the K800i's do take very good pictures... my K750i with 2MP cam takes such clear pictures :)