• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

floods?

chris52

Well i work at the top of a hill and the carpark and shop floor still flooded :shockingscary::lol: We even lost power to one side of the factory.

There are some playing fields near me that are next to a river, they have flooded with about 1 foot of water atleast (i have never seen them flood in the 10/12 years i have lived around here)

All the usual dips in the roads have flooded due to poor drainage.

The lake near me - i dont think has flooded :)

But i bet the main run off stream has

But water around here seems to flow quiet well :) we had about 6 months where they dug up all the road and stuck a big beeft pipe in for sewage and water :)

But yes the area is sodden - its very mushy :P

Shame mum wont let me go out and go rain riding :(

Oh well :(

Ziggy

not too bad here in nottingham atm, my house wont get effected as i live on a hill :D My dad rung earlier though said the village where he works (thurnscoe near doncaster) is being evacuated, hope the VRs doesnt get damaged!

VR's ???

but all this rain aint good - the rivers and banks etc are already full

The Ground is sooo sodden - even tarmac is - and thats a non permiable layer

:lol:

welcome to Great BRISITSH WEATHER *plays anthum*

Ziggy

where my dad works there is a beck running through the site and 1 of the buildings got flooded so 2 of the people working in it decided to have some fun and build a raft from some barrels and pallets lol, that was when it rained heavy like a week ago

no, VRs, aka Fabia VRs, aka Skoda Fabia VRs aka Mini Cooper S beating Skoad Fabia VRs

get the idea?

Oh skodas :P

I like the fabia vrs :P

hehe :P

Ziggy

Here's my mates quick skoda

Had a good few 1/4 mile runs at GTI International today. had two runs yesterday and did a 16 flat in the wet, and a 15.5 later. Today my best was a 15.268 going up against a mate in a 250bhp Skoda Octavia vRS (new shape one) - They give you 0-60s too, and I got a 6.88 on that run. 8) Chuffed with a 15.268 though, especially as the surface was just concrete. Could not get traction launching 2nd off the line. :lol:

Here's a vid of the run we did. Never realised my exhaust was that loud before. :oops:

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/cob...Chris_mpeg4.flv

Loads of roads closed around Wakeifeld, Leeds etc. The main route into the village where i live is blocked off too. Never seen it like that before.

Took me a 1 1/2hr to get home from work :angry:

well for whats its worth i used to live in Tewkesbury, we had the river severn (tidal) and the river Avon meet in Twekesbury, flooding was so much the norm. Once i had to detor to get from work to home 1 hour for a 10 min direct trip lol