• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Receiver or ESC gone bad?

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I bought my son an FTX Carnage 2.0 about a year ago. I upgraded it to run brushless and 4S. It's been great for a long time and has had many upgraded metal parts.

The problem - Last time he crashed it, i rebuilt it with new parts and tested it and it was perfect. It's sat in it's box for a while and today the esc turns on, fans spin up and transmitter turns on however the car doesn't respond at all to throttle or steering.

It came with a really cheap plasticy version of the radio controller and oddly if i press the 3ch button on the side of the controller it makes the cars steering turn full lock. I don't have the radio transmitter with a flip up lid and buttons as i've seen in videos.

So my question is, does it sound like the receiver has gone bad and if so i'll get a new one and better quality radio transmitter and bind them or could it be the esc/motor?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi, first I would check the steering is in channel 1 on the receiver, and throttle in channel 2.

If that's ok try rebinding the receiver to the transmitter 

Thanks for your reply, My transmitter has always controlled steering and throttle though ch3 on the receiver, 1 & 2 have never been used. I cant re-bind as i don't have the bind button on the transmitter.  i'll try upload a couple of pics

EDIT: Plugging the servo into channel 1 or 2 does allow me to move the cars wheels with either the steering knob or trigger. Nothing from the motor. ESC still powers up and fans spins.

LMAO, You Sir are a legend. I didn't want to argue as i am a relative noob however after rebuilding it and testing i knew it worked perfectly exactly how i left it. After you saying it was plugged in the wrong channels i though "Impossible"...Sooo i asked my boy if he'd been playing around with it and he had and couldn't remember where the wires went but he'd not told me.

Anyway at least now i know for future, thank you for your help!! It's back to breaking speed limits haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1