• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lipo batts

Hi gang how's u ,Took me rc car out today after 2 months sunny warmish day battery's been on storage charge cuz I got a balance charger as advised by u guys,give both battery's a quick burst charge b4 I took them out 1 batt 4000mah the other 5200 mah,put the 4000 in first didn't go as fast as wot expected change to the 5200 went faster?using lipo batts in a brushed machine didn't get as much time as I used to,battery's kept in small cardboard box with padding,wot cud be reason 1st batt didn't go as fast no physical damage to battery's,only reason I cud think of if battery's were low in controller?wud that effect car battery's?thx

2 minutes ago, glynnc said:

Hi gang how's u ,Took me rc car out today after 2 months sunny warmish day battery's been on storage charge cuz I got a balance charger as advised by u guys,give both battery's a quick burst charge b4 I took them out 1 batt 4000mah the other 5200 mah,put the 4000 in first didn't go as fast as wot expected change to the 5200 went faster?using lipo batts in a brushed machine didn't get as much time as I used to,battery's kept in small cardboard box with padding,wot cud be reason 1st batt didn't go as fast no physical damage to battery's,only reason I cud think of if battery's were low in controller?wud that effect car battery's?thx

you might of been better giving each lipo a proper charge

• Like 1

try giving the batteries a proper 1c balance charge and try them 

1c is 4a for the 4000 mah and 5.2a for 5200 mah battery 

• Like 1

you can use it straight away or you can charge it the evening before a bash  but dont keep them fully charged for days tho

I would invest in a lipo sack or an ammo box or a batsafe box to store your lipos in 

• Like 1

Just now, Stormbringer said:

you can use it straight away or you can charge it the evening before a bash  but dont keep them fully charged for days tho

I would invest in a lipo sack or an ammo box or a batsafe box to store your lipos in 

I try to plan to charge night before with my lipo`s, when i was flying rc planes i might have to charge a few Thursday/friday and saturday ready for a sunday session

• Like 1