• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Trx Carnage 2.0 same as.....

Afternoon everyone. 

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. Does anyone know if the old carnage is the same as the new one, as in parts/upgrades. 

Going to see how the 3s lipo runs at the weekend but I've got a feeling it's going to damage a few bits, that's before I wrap it around a tree. 

Added the sway bars this morning along with the carbon top plate. Bought a 19t pinion over the standard 17t but waiting to put that one. 

Are the uprated metal spur and pinion set on modelsport worth it? 

I've got an FTX Zorro brushless, with is the SCT stablemate of your Carnage. (I think).

On the first bit, i remember this thread from a while back:

On the second, i got the metal spur and pinion set for the truck, and it sounds like a bag of spanners! That said, i've not managed to break that element of the drive train.

The only bit i would say is if you're running 3s, make sure the diffs front and rear are shimmed correctly. I've managed to chew up a couple on 2s due to being in a rush!

Cheers for the reply mate. Yeah I've seen that thread and video after I bought it. Bought some uprated bits from the front as that will end up going first. 

Going to see what a 3s does to the standard spur and pinion before I make the upgraded buy, but after you saying about diff shims. Not sure about the 3s battery as I'm not ready to take that much apart at the moment. 

As much as the car looks easy to strip. Just want to kick it's heads in and then fix the parts that I break lol. 

Was yours easy enough to add the shims too?