• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Is that repairable?

megaline

Guess you have to figure out a way to fully discharge it now before binning safely.

Or put it outside, bang a nail through it, sit back and wait for the fire 🤫

i use an electric motor to fully discharge them then cut plug off and bare ends of wire and twist the bare ends together but just make sure its fully discharged before twisting the wires together 

53 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

i use an electric motor to fully discharge them then cut plug off and bare ends of wire and twist the bare ends together but just make sure its fully discharged before twisting the wires together 

In the photo it looks like the connection has ripped off from the actual 'tape' inside the casing. Not sure that could even be connected to for discharging.

Must have been a big crash. 🤪

1 hour ago, megaline said:

Not a big crash at all. Probably a bad welding, the battery is virtually on about 10 cycles . The battery and the car are safe and sound. 

Was it previously soldered or welded?  If soldered, I'd be tempted to resolder it but make sure no heat goes into the cell or you might have a fire.